Good diet = good mood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good diet = good mood

I've been unable to stand up for long periods in the last months due to pain, unable to walk for even moderate distance.

This effects you greatly because even simple tasks like tying shoe lace and getting dressed become a challenge. Standing up for long enough to cook even a chicken and rice meal let alone prep food for a day became not worth the pain.

So I've been basically eating garage station food and macdonalds for four to five months.

Today I was feeling a bit better so having not eaten all day when I got home early I've had 4 x chicken breastfeeding and rice with the first three along with 500ml water.

The difference is astonishing I feel wired with energy, full of chatter and like I don't need sleep.

Also came off diazepam since 48 hours so my cns is coming back online.

Not complaining just reflecting and feeling positive.

Yea I ate like a turd all through the holidays and it really does effect you mentally after awhile. The term "you are what you eat" really applies both mentally and physically I believe.

Comment

There is a new wave of research in these past couple years focusing on how our gut microbiome affects pretty much every facet of our health.

Comment

Originally posted by AvidFisherman View Post
        There is a new wave of research in these past couple years focusing on how our gut microbiome affects pretty much every facet of our health.
        You think that would be the case here though considering he just switched his diet? I'd imagine it takes time for that effect to take place.

Comment

I would like to know more about how to improve gut health. It is a relatively under discussed point, compared to macros

Comment

Originally posted by Mr I View Post
            I would like to know more about how to improve gut health. It is a relatively under discussed point, compared to macros
            Yogurt and sauerkraut, seriously. include it more in your diet.

Bunch of info in the following thread. I posted some links there if your interested.

http://www.superiormuscle.com/forums...3-gut-bacteria

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
              Yogurt and sauerkraut, seriously. include it more in your diet
              So basically probiotics?

Comment

Originally posted by dna9488 View Post
                So basically probiotics?
                You need pre biotic too

I really intend getting into regular eating fir healthy gut. Big immune system impact and health geberally

Comment

Fiber plays a big role as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                    You think that would be the case here though considering he just switched his diet? I'd imagine it takes time for that effect to take place.
                    I ponder this as well. What I haven't read is how fast the different gut bacteria die and reproduce. It could be that because he had eaten healthy for so many years the bacteria that fed off of healthier food went dormant and the junk food eating bacteria were thriving and sending their chemicals to his brain. When he ate high protein low fat/low carb food the good gut bacteria reactivated. But I'm just guessing, I haven't read any studies stating this.

Comment

I just read an article titled chronobesity in ncib.nih.gov. In the article it said the activity and composition of the gut bacteria changes over the 24-hour day, and is influenced by food intake. So, the assumption I made earlier is correct.

Comment

We need a diet laid out that is both bodybuilder friendly in terms of protein and clean cals but also the ideal for gut bacteria.

Comment

Yup

Comment

I think a diet high in fiber combined with some probiotic yogurt or a daily suppliment like inulin has a lot of merit.

Comment

Working...
                            X