Tilapia - is it good/bad for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jack tors View Post
    Its fine for most no healh risks that I'm aware of...
    I cant eat it bc I know how its farmed and what it eats being a bottom feeder

honestly I'm grossed out by it.
    You eat shrimp? Bottom feeder as well. But I hear ya on the tilapia

Comment

Originally posted by jack tors View Post
      Its fine for most no healh risks that I'm aware of...
      I cant eat it bc I know how its farmed and what it eats being a bottom feeder

honestly I'm grossed out by it.
      you eat chicken? ever seen the conditions they live in? how about beef? it's best you don't look into it. lol

Comment

Tilapia raised on feces hits US tables

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
        you eat chicken? ever seen the conditions they live in? how about beef? it's best you don't look into it. lol
        The truth about tilapia | Fox News

Tilapia Raised on Feces Hits US Tables - Democratic Underground

imported from China + raised on feces = game over

Comment

I never knew that about tilapia. I've always taught it was an excellent fish to eat. Same goes with salmon, I'll alternative eating those every week.

Comment

I don't like the texture of tilapia. My go-to fish is cod.

Comment

Went fishing with my daughter over the weekend and caught 7 trout. Went home and grilled them up. Doesn't get any fresher than that. They were awesome!

Comment

Tilapia literally eat SHIT!!! not just a typical bottom feeder that wont. a lot of them are raised in farms that filter shit from other farm operations. IE pig shit... If they were (wild) fish Id say yes, but not the farm raised..fuck that!

Comment

Thx peeps

.will not be buying it anymore

Comment

Bouncer right again. Told you from the start it's a bottom feeder filth. :D

Comment

Bouncer right again. Told you from the start it's a bottom feeder filth. :D
                      Oh shut up lol

Comment

I never liked the taste of tilapia. I would eat I because it was cheap. Then I read all the negatives so I just don't eat it anymore. Id rather go out and catch a bunch of Crappie and filet them. It is by far the best fresh water fish IMO. Plus it is cheap. I can go fish 4-5 hrs and bring home 25-40.

Comment

If it's on sale and I can get a bunch of 50 gram protein meals out of it I'll buy it no problem. I'm not advocating eating it for a life time all day everyday but get a grip peeps.

Comment

If it's on sale and I can get a bunch of 50 gram protein meals out of it I'll buy it no problem. I'm not advocating eating it for a life time all day everyday but get a grip peeps.
                            Bro, tilapia doesn't need to be on sale, it's cheap:) but I get to a point what you're saying. It's no different than those who would eat or eat fast food regularly or for those who eat clean like some of us, and then splurge on fast food.

It just seems like a taboo; fish being farmed? And in CHINA??? whoa...we would expect fish to be just that, FISH.

I've had it recently and I like it quite a bit, but certainly makes me think very hard before I get it again, if I do.

Comment

beef chicken pork its all treated like shit in shit conditions. Nothing in this world is healthy anymore bro. Just eat to look good and realize that everything we ingest is poison. Lol

Comment

Working...
                              X