Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High fat/low carb or High carb/low fat, it does not matter much

My understanding was the inverse.

For weight loss if you go high fat/low carb or high carb/low fat, it does not matter much as long as you do not go over your TDEE.

For muscle building though it does make a difference.

"Dietary fat is stored as body fat with roughly 96% efficiency. Dietary carbohydrate is stored as body fat with roughly 80% efficiency, while it is stored as muscle glycogen with roughly 95% efficiency. It is quite clear that dietary fat is stored far more efficiently as body fat than carbohydrate."

The Truth About High Fat Diets - Science Driven Nutrition

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

For losing fat it doesn't matter, you're right. But for bulking or gaining muscle, high carb is essential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

"Eating fat makes you burn fat:*True

High fat diets make you burn more calories:*False

A ketogenic state makes you burn the most fat and offers a metabolic advantage:*False

Eating more fat makes your lose more fat since you are using fat for fuel:*False

Carbohydrates are stored more easily than fat:*False

You eat less when you eat high fat meals:*False

Fat is more satiating than carbohydrates:*False

Eating fat before a meal makes you eat less:*False"

Comment

I used to do keto when cutting only done it twice, it wasn't full on keto but most likely no carbs and high fats trying to get me into keto, I felt like I lost muscle. No strength no pumps my skin looked more pale also, I also got keto rash. Fuck that. I learned I can still cut down fat and still enjoy my carbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have been listening to the TNT podcast and those coaches only use it in the weeks leading up to a contest if their person stops responding to their regular methods.

Comment

Good post Avid. Everything you posted is exactly what I found out through experimentation. Been saying for years when I drop the carbs and eat more fat my muscles deflate and I store more fat. When I eat high protein, high carb, very little fat I drop bodyfat like crazy, my muscles look fuller, I'm stronger in the gym and I feel better.

I don't eat anymore than 25 grams of fat a day when eating clean which is 9 months of the year. (I up the cals around the holidays).

The fat I do eat when eating clean comes from avacado and fish oil.

So yea, I agree with the article. At times over the years I felt like I was the only one in the world not on the "low carb high fat train".

Comment

Originally posted by AvidFisherman View Post
              I have been listening to the TNT podcast and those coaches only use it in the weeks leading up to a contest if their person stops responding to their regular methods.

"It" being keto.

Comment

Working...
              X