Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ketogenic Lifestyle

Long time no see :)

I'm fully versed on the in's and out's of it, as I have been keto for about 6 months now. Just curious if anyone else here is currently keto.

Howdy:D

Comment

No but im curious about it

Comment

Pretty much the exact opposite of what I do in terms of carbs so obviously I don't mess with it (I'd shrink away to a little 90lb fag) but I know it can definitely be very effective for people. Dave Palumbo is big into keto. Welcome back.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
          Pretty much the exact opposite of what I do in terms of carbs so obviously I don't mess with it (I'd shrink away to a little 90lb fag) but I know it can definitely be very effective for people. Dave Palumbo is big into keto. Welcome back.

I think you might be surprised about that - although I know you're very in tune with your body and what works for you. There's some pretty big keto dudes out there. And some aren't quite as low carb, either. But aside from muscle, it seems to work wonders for so many people as far as health benefits. I do it because I already had so many food allergies and intolerances anyway. It just makes sense, and it's been very effective.

Comment

Post some ideas up. I'd give it a shot. I know quite a few who do this, but never really dove into it.

I already keep my carbs low as it is.

Comment

It's pretty much all I do. I've done it for years. Every now and then I'll go off and eat whatever or try new things. Like recently I tried eating a plant based only diet. Gained 5lbs in 3 weeks from all the added carbs. So I'm back to keto....lol

Comment

Paleo is a good way to go because sometimes you want some sweetness and fruit is allowed. Even raw honey or natural maple syrup. Maple syrup in a cold glass of almond milk taste like ice cream!

Comment

Originally posted by FrankTheTank55 View Post
                  Paleo is a good way to go because sometimes you want some sweetness and fruit is allowed. Even raw honey or natural maple syrup. Maple syrup in a cold glass of almond milk taste like ice cream!
                  I like Paleo alot :thumup:

May go back to it now that you've mentioned it.

Comment

Originally posted by rado View Post
                    I like Paleo alot :thumup:

May go back to it now that you've mentioned it.
                    When I do Paleo I miss cream for my coffee and cheese. When I do strict keto I can do diary but miss the fruit....lol

But with either I buy free range organic chicken/eggs and grass fed beef.

Comment

When I do Paleo I miss cream for my coffee and cheese. When I do strict keto I can do diary but miss the fruit....lol

But with either I buy free range organic chicken/eggs and grass fed beef.
                      I don't do cream ever. But I like my milk. For the most part I always get fat free, but recently I've been getting the 1%. I like my milk and feta for my eggs.

Life issues lol

I remember growing up when I was hungry, I was fed wonder bread with miracle whip, Kraft sliced cheese and fucking ham:D these days I'm worried about where my chickens live :rofl::thumup:before I buy

Comment

I could not stick to it, I never got fully adapted. The best diet is the diet you can stick to and I could not stick to it.

With that said it's not undoable but it is hard to gain much muscle going keto. It's much better for cutting than bulking.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AvidFisherman View Post
                          I could not stick to it, I never got fully adapted. The best diet is the diet you can stick to and I could not stick to it.

With that said it's not undoable but it is hard to gain much muscle going keto. It's much better for cutting than bulking.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
                          Yea it's not well suited for putting on muscle thats for sure. In the bodybuiding world it's used in show prep (many Palumbo clients) to pull that last layer of body fat off. It's definitely effective there.

Any jacked guys on keto did not get jacked on a keto diet. They are simply dieting or in maintenance mode for summer or a show etc..

The bodies preferred fuel source for strength, power, and endurance is carbohydrates.

But if your doing it to drop some pounds quickly or you just have so many food/stomach issues with carbs I can definitely understand why fb would like it. It's all about what works best for us individually.

Comment

It's pretty much all I do. I've done it for years. Every now and then I'll go off and eat whatever or try new things. Like recently I tried eating a plant based only diet. Gained 5lbs in 3 weeks from all the added carbs. So I'm back to keto....lol

oh wow, never heard you talk about it before. Do you do strict keto, or more "if it fits your macros" style?

Comment

Originally posted by rado View Post
                              Post some ideas up. I'd give it a shot. I know quite a few who do this, but never really dove into it.

I already keep my carbs low as it is.

I'm pretty strict right now. No grains. I don't do dairy or nuts. I only count net carbs for greens and avocado. I'm also eating at a deficit for fat loss right now. Down about 7% since I cut out dairy/nuts and increased protein.

For me that looks like:

95 - 105 gr protein (depending on if it's a training day or not)
                              75 - 85 gr fat (I rarely hit that, I'm always under)
                              20 gr net carbs (or less)

It's much, much easier once you become adapted, but I know it's not for everyone!

Comment

Working...
                              X