No announcement yet.

eating before bed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the longest time my gf would flip out, saying that I shouldn't eat because I could have a heart attack in my sleep, lol. Needless to say, I would almost die every night....from laughing
    :rofl:

Comment

Originally posted by Chadd77
      I always thought a nighttime shake was crucial since your body does most of its growing while you are asleep. I always have one. If I’m bulking I add some extra calories to it and if I’m dieting for a show I just use water and whey protein mix.
      Exactly

BK
      PN

Comment

I usually mix tuna, nonfat cottage cheese w/ some cajun spices b/4 bed. I actually like the taste.

Comment

I usually have a protein shake about an hour before bed

Comment

I made a good customized drink which consists of:

Whey Isolate

Soy Isolate

Milk Isolate

Micellar Casein

Whey Concentrate

I mixed the bulk powders together, take 2 scoops in rice milk with 1 tablespoon each of natural peanut butter, and flax oil.. I tend to warm up whenever I eat, and I need to be warm or I can't sleep.. This shake does the trick..

My calculations on how much of each protein is in the tub is kinda non-existant, I just dumped everything in a 10lb bucket.. :)

I usually have this shake 1hr. before bed, and maybe some steak tips 30mins before I hit the hay..

Comment

Right before bed I will have a shake of milk and whey along iwth some natty pb. Now I still wake up every night at 3 am starving and have to eat. Should I jsut eat more before bed or just keep waking up and eating inthe middle of the night?

Comment

Originally posted by vic rattle
                Right before bed I will have a shake of milk and whey along iwth some natty pb. Now I still wake up every night at 3 am starving and have to eat. Should I jsut eat more before bed or just keep waking up and eating inthe middle of the night?
                Have another shake when you get up.. I used to do that while cutting, since my cals were low, I was hungry all the time..

Comment

Sup Peeps,

I wouldn't recommend a shake before bedtime since whey protein is quickly absorbed.

Before bedtime, you'd need something that's slowly absorbed by the body.
                  I drink 1.5 cups of milk, but 1 serving of cream cheese is an excellent choice too

Just my $0.02 :)

Comment

shake before bed

There are a wholenew breed of protein shakes that supposedly are made for right before bedtime. They are time released so that they dont just sit in your gut while asleep but rather release slowly.

I dont know for sure how sound the science is but they tell a resonable tale.

I've tried them, they dont upset your stomach.

If you want more info, let me know

Comment

Sure, I'd be interested in learning.

Comment

The product that I use is called Nitrovarin-PLS. It is a nightime protein that claims it "was specifically developed to overcome nocturnal Post-Absorptive muscle catabolism and Maximize muscle growth during slow-wave sleep." It is manufactured by NutraSport. I know that there are at least two others out there that do the same thing. Theoretically, it releases slowly so that it accomodates the slowed down metabolism during sleep. I know that it doesnt feel bloating or make my stomach feel full at bedtime.

Comment

To me it's about listening to your body, and based on what you did. If I train during the day then when bed time rolls around I'll have a whey protein shake, calories or how much depends on how I feel from the days work load. But if I train at night then the cals.. in my protein shake rises because i know my matabalism is boosted. So I would say that you just have to figure out what works best for your physique.

Comment

Working...
                          X