Weight Training On Empty Stomach Promotes Fat Burning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight Training On Empty Stomach Promotes Fat Burning

I've never had much of an appetite in the morning so my breakfast which is also my pre-workout meal has always just been a scoop of whey and a banana. I could never train on a completely empty stomach but apparently it helps with fat burning. Makes sense considering we all know cardio on an empty stomach is best.

______

If you want to lose fat by doing more exercise, then exercise as much as possible on an empty stomach. In the short term doing this burns more fat than if you exercise while you've still got nutrients in the bloodstream, but in the long term the slimming effect is even stronger. By exercising before breakfast you probably train your fat tissues to break themselves down. British researchers at the University of Bath reached this conclusion in a small human study.

Study
    The Brits got 10 healthy but heavy men to jog a moderate intensity for an hour in the mornings. The men ran at 60 percent of their VO2max.

On one occasion the men ran on an empty stomach [Fasted]; on the other occasion they ran two hours after having eaten a breakfast of about 650 kilocalories [Fed].

Results
    When the men ran on an empty stomach they burned 20 g less carbohydrates and 7 g more fat than they did when they ran after breakfast.

That was not much of a surprise. More interesting was what happened to the men's fat tissue. Jogging activated all kinds of genes that stimulate fat burning, but this happened mainly after jogging in the fasted state.

Conclusion
    "This study provides the first evidence that the feeding status alters the response of adipose tissue to acute exercise," the Brits concluded. "Several genes involved in lipid metabolism, insulin signaling and glucose transport were differentially expressed in adipose tissue when exercise was performed in a fed versus fasted state with either lower or opposing responses after feeding."

"Given the nature and direction of these differences, we propose that feeding is likely to blunt long-term adaptations induced within adipose tissue in response to regular exercise."

So if you exercise after a meal, your fat tissue is faced with "competing challenges", explained the research team leader Dylan Thompson of the University of Bath in a press release.

I've never liked any kind of working out after eating for a least several hours. I feel like shit and don't push near as hard as I do as on an empty stomach.

Comment

Always fasting when we train!
      Wouldn't do it any other way

Comment

Might be faster, but having a lil something I'm the Morning will not hurt.. I myself have a whey and banana with coffee... your pretty much depleted after your weight traning anyways.. So when you do cardio afterwards I guess you kind of fasted.. they say that between 10-20mins of your cardio you just burning glycogen, but I'm assuming if you do only cardio and no lifting.
        Honestly why do they call it fat burning.. you don't burn your fat it just shrinks..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by boricuarage79 View Post
          Might be faster, but having a lil something I'm the Morning will not hurt.. I myself have a whey and banana with coffee... your pretty much depleted after your weight traning anyways.. So when you do cardio afterwards I guess you kind of fasted.. they say that between 10-20mins of your cardio you just burning glycogen, but I'm assuming if you do only cardio and no lifting.
          Honestly why do they call it fat burning.. you don't burn your fat it just shrinks..

cardio first then weights.

Super effective for fat burning

Comment

Not for me..

Comment

Not for me..

To be brutally honest bro, then maybe you should switch it up.

Try it for a month and then take pics. You could be leaner and with what you take and all, you're not.

Not talking shit but saying that doesn't work for you when you're still carrying some fat, try to switch it up man

Comment

I'm bout 12-13 BF.. not as lean as you but I get there in a couple months...

I don't want to do cardio first then I won't be able to hit it as hard in the weights...

That's just me... Just gota up my cardio a bit... do 6x a week instead of 4x

Comment

I'm bout 12-13 BF.. not as lean as you but I get there in a couple months...

I don't want to do cardio first then I won't be able to hit it as hard in the weights...

That's just me... Just gota up my cardio a bit... do 6x a week instead of 4x

I'm being serious hermano.

Try it that way. It's hard but once you get past that hump, it's all good:D

Comment

Not about when he does cardio. He just needs to clean up his diet. I can tell he eats clean here and there but has too many cheat meals. His cheat meals turn into cheat days etc.. he doesn't think it hinders progress but a cheat day when your still soft (above 10%) can set you back at least a week.

Bori if you want faster progress since summer is already here cut cheat meals down to 1 every 2 weeks. Not a cheat day either. Never a cheat day unless you are absolutely peeled.

Comment

Yea I cheat once a week all out and one day kinda of a cheat, but not terrible.

Rest of days I eat super clean

Comment

Originally posted by rado View Post
                        Yea I cheat once a week all out and one day kinda of a cheat, but not terrible.

Rest of days I eat super clean
                        The body stores extra calories different once you get under 10%. Your in sort of a depleted state so the body uses a cheat meal to refill the muscles. But when your still a bit fat all a cheat meal does is slow down the fat burning process.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                          The body stores extra calories different once you get under 10%. Your in sort of a depleted state so the body uses a cheat meal to refill the muscles. But when your still a bit fat all a cheat meal does is slow down the fat burning process.
                          Sounds logical.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Logical but wonder how much Truth is to that

Comment

Working...
                              X