Creatine question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stonecold54 View Post
    ok that is two people...also a lot of people don't understand the difference between "low back pain" (the erector muscles) and kidney pain....Kidney pain is almost a third of the way up your back. and again FB you said they used high levels of creatine...that is my point when I asked DG what dose he was on. if it was some ridiculous amount than of course it could do some damage (but then again ANYTHING can do damage at high doses).

I did not say they used high doses of creatine. I said their creatine levels were high - according to bloodwork that was done. And they are fully aware of the difference between low back pain and kidney pain :wacko:

Comment

I always cycle creatine. Never felt stomach discomfort but I get the poops at the beginning of each cycle.

Comment

So I was talking to my best friend about this yesterday and here is what we sort of came up with to "ask"...

Was there anything else involved (like Tren/Test etc) during the time the issue occurred? If the use of known kidney assailants weren't used in conjunction with the creatine is there any possibility the issues actually came from weakened kidneys from previous aas use? Maybe the creatine just wasn't metabolized the same as if nothing else had been used before/during - maybe *this* led to the heightened levels in the system?

I don't suppose anyone could really answer these questions in depth but I/we thought maybe they were things that should be considered.

In all honesty I have had some BAD BAD BAD kidney pain in the past - almost debilitating around showtimes - to the point I had to make a friend drive me to my last few shows and things of that nature whereas before I was always still "in control" of driving etc (I'm funny like that :P).

Last year before/during one of my shows I was running creatine while still dehydrating, sodium loading and taking aldactone etc etc so I never really knew what it was exactly that "caused" the pain but I was almost bed ridden when I got to my room that day - it sucked but after my show I just rehydrated, came off the creatine and so on - unfortunately I was also running test/tren/winny/t3/clen so it was REALLY hard to pinpoint/self-diagnose the issue without bloodwork (which I didn't have until maybe 4 weeks later)...

Has anyone else had issues of this nature with creatine ALONE or anyone who has never used aas before?

Dreamgirl.... Had your husband ever used aas before his issue with the creatine came up?

Comment

do u guys still believe creatin to be useful ? excepted the placebo effect i think it has been proven totally worthless with double-blind studies, it us to be fashion, because it was a way of saying "no i am not on steroid, it is the creatin that made me grow"

a doctor told me it get digested, so it is like taking sugar

Comment

Originally posted by fog_hat1981 View Post
            So I was talking to my best friend about this yesterday and here is what we sort of came up with to "ask"...

Was there anything else involved (like Tren/Test etc) during the time the issue occurred? If the use of known kidney assailants weren't used in conjunction with the creatine is there any possibility the issues actually came from weakened kidneys from previous aas use? Maybe the creatine just wasn't metabolized the same as if nothing else had been used before/during - maybe *this* led to the heightened levels in the system?

I don't suppose anyone could really answer these questions in depth but I/we thought maybe they were things that should be considered.

In all honesty I have had some BAD BAD BAD kidney pain in the past - almost debilitating around showtimes - to the point I had to make a friend drive me to my last few shows and things of that nature whereas before I was always still "in control" of driving etc (I'm funny like that :P).

Last year before/during one of my shows I was running creatine while still dehydrating, sodium loading and taking aldactone etc etc so I never really knew what it was exactly that "caused" the pain but I was almost bed ridden when I got to my room that day - it sucked but after my show I just rehydrated, came off the creatine and so on - unfortunately I was also running test/tren/winny/t3/clen so it was REALLY hard to pinpoint/self-diagnose the issue without bloodwork (which I didn't have until maybe 4 weeks later)...

Has anyone else had issues of this nature with creatine ALONE or anyone who has never used aas before?

Dreamgirl.... Had your husband ever used aas before his issue with the creatine came up?
            i think in your case with the pain around show time, the diuretics are the biggest culprit. IMO diuretics when when added to an already stressed body is tempting death.

creatine may also play some dangerous roll when in that environment , i dunno.
            Last edited by Bouncer; 04-17-08, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MADO01A View Post
              do u guys still believe creatin to be useful ? excepted the placebo effect i think it has been proven totally worthless with double-blind studies,
              if you dont mind, do you have those studies or can you post a link? i would be interested in reading them.

Comment

hi, he has never taken aas. He was taking 2-3 full scoop fulls a day everyday. He had been using it at that point for a good 5 years. It didn't happen overnight... he liked the results and over the course of 5 years and never going off of it, is when it happened.

It must be a medically known thing, because it was the first thing out of the Dr's mouth when he was in the room "are you taking creatine?"

Comment

at this point it was about 8 years ago when he stopped taking it and I don't know of a partcular brand.

Comment

Originally posted by dreamgirl View Post

It must be a medically known thing, because it was the first thing out of the Dr's mouth when he was in the room "are you taking creatine?"
                    it really isnt. doctors are notorious for repeating popular belief when there is no scientific data to back it up.

for years Doctors were telling people that steroids do not help build muscle.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                      it really isnt. doctors are notorious for repeating popular belief when there is no scientific data to back it up.

for years Doctors were telling people that steroids do not help build muscle.
                      Sad but true :breakit:

Comment

i think in your case with the pain around show time, the diuretics are the biggest culprit. IMO diuretics when when added to an already stressed body is tempting death.

creatine may also play some dangerous roll when in that environment , i dunno.
                        Aldactone is a "fairly" mild diuretic compared to Lasix though - it's potassium sparing which is the biggest reason I'm "okay" with using it or a show - it just sucks that it isn't NEARLY as potent as if I used something stronger/better because I've seen guys go from somewhat soft to hard as nails between pre-judging and the night show from something as potent as Lasix alone....

Comment

update.

been off creatine for 2 weeks now. no strength loss, no weight loss, and less cramps and bloat in the abdomen area.

my conclusion after this short period of being off, creatine may not have much value. definitely had something to do with the cramping i was experiencing. will update again in 2 weeks.

Comment

alright bouncer, good to hear

Comment

update.

been off creatine for 2 weeks now. no strength loss, no weight loss, and less cramps and bloat in the abdomen area.

my conclusion after this short period of being off, creatine may not have much value. definitely had something to do with the cramping i was experiencing. will update again in 2 weeks.
                              I would give it more time bro - if you've been on for "years" then your levels are most likely going to take quite a while to taper off - creatine is one of the few/only "supplements" that has been proven to do what most only claim to do....

Comment

like i said, will update again in 2 weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X