Maltodexrin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kingj View Post
    So is it best to take both dextrose and maltodextrin together with my post work out shake? Does this matter if you are bulking or cutting? Also does it really mess up the taste of the shake...my chocolate mint is good..I can't imagine adding this stuff is going to make it taste all that great!
    if you're going the high GI route, dextrose and maltodextrin are best - they are refined sugars so there's no real taste, just sweetness. For a low GI solution check out Waxy Maize Starch. I don't know if believe all the hype about low osmalarity - it's supposed to digest faster than any other carb, but I also read something about it's dispersion allowing for faster absorption into the bloodstream. I am not a biochemist, so I don't know a lot about it.

Comment

Originally posted by gdbear65 View Post
      if you're going the high GI route, dextrose and maltodextrin are best - they are refined sugars so there's no real taste, just sweetness.
      false. malto is not a sugar at all. it is produced from starch much like waxy maize.

Dextrin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
      Last edited by Bouncer; 11-13-08, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kingj View Post
        So is it best to take both dextrose and maltodextrin together with my post work out shake? Does this matter if you are bulking or cutting? Also does it really mess up the taste of the shake...my chocolate mint is good..I can't imagine adding this stuff is going to make it taste all that great!
        my PWO shake is 50 gram isopure and 60 grams malto. works fine for me. :)

Comment

I just got mine today from lion and there is no scooper? How much should I use? Also it says to take 30 min before workout!

Comment

is their a serving size on it?

Comment

It's a gram for a gram - just weigh it...

As for it saying to take it before your workout that is what it is *supposed* to be for under most circumstances - you're just using it for bodybuilding purposes and that isn't what it was originally intended to be used for....

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                false. malto is not a sugar at all. it is produced from starch much like waxy maize.

Dextrin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                it is a polysaccharide, a complex carbohydrate consisting of polymers composed of several sugars, which technically speaking means it is a sugar. Starches are also sugars.

What Is a Carbohydrate or Saccharide? Mono- Di- and Polysaccharides: Sugar's Sweet Organic Molecules

Comment

Originally posted by gdbear65 View Post
                  it is a polysaccharide, a complex carbohydrate consisting of polymers composed of several sugars, which technically speaking means it is a sugar. Starches are also sugars.

What Is a Carbohydrate or Saccharide? Mono- Di- and Polysaccharides: Sugar's Sweet Organic Molecules
                  the way you typed it out comparing dextrose and malto and saying they are both "processed sugars" gives the wrong impression. dextrose is sugar where as 60 grams of malto has literally 2 grams of sugar.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                    the way you typed it out comparing dextrose and malto and saying they are both "processed sugars" gives the wrong impression. dextrose is sugar where as 60 grams of malto has literally 2 grams of sugar.

ok

if anyone is interested in the science behind the recommendation of a dextrose/maltodextrin mix, here it is: Dextrose & Maltodextrin an in-depth analysis

Comment

Working...
                    X