BCAA's...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
    So the idea is to only drink them during workout? Not before or after?

Costco has the ON Bcaa's but it has caffiene and other stuff in it which is a problem because my pre workout c4 has all that in it just not bcaa's. not sure how to incorporate them without giving up my c4. any ideas?

You can take anytime you wish but the real benefit is seen when take as an intra workout. Especially during cardio. It helps with recovery and prevents muscle from being used as energy

Comment

Originally posted by jack3d14 View Post
      You can take anytime you wish but the real benefit is seen when take as an intra workout. Especially during cardio. It helps with recovery and prevents muscle from being used as energy
      Would you still have a post workout shake if you've been sipping on bcaa the whole workout? Or would you just skip shake and go right to a real meal an hour or 2 later?

I guess I'm trying to make sense of it all. My protein powder has bcaa in it and I have that immediately after workout.

Comment

Would you still have a post workout shake if you've been sipping on bcaa the whole workout? Or would you just skip shake and go right to a real meal an hour or 2 later?

I guess I'm trying to make sense of it all. My protein powder has bcaa in it and I have that immediately after workout.
        The shake doesn't become as important. Drink it mixed in with your water jug whenever your thirsty. I start sipping it in the locker room on my way to the floor. Its up to you and your goals but I usually just do a meal later. The BCAA's in the shake are no where near the same as in supplementing.

Comment

cool thanks jack. this is something I have big doubts on but I want to give it a fair test run lasting at least a month or however long my bottle of bcaa's last. I'll just start my log in this thread when I start.

Comment

cool thanks jack. this is something I have big doubts on but I want to give it a fair test run lasting at least a month or however long my bottle of bcaa's last. I'll just start my log in this thread when I start.
            what brand you using? try the MM amino deconate and use it 3-4 times a week.

Comment

Originally posted by jack tors View Post
              what brand you using? try the MM amino deconate and use it 3-4 times a week.
              no idea yet. is MM the company name? I was planning on using it on workout days 5 days a week.

Comment

no idea yet. is MM the company name? I was planning on using it on workout days 5 days a week.
                sorry MM = musclemeds amino deconate
                work out days only

Comment

I got a free bottle of this stuff. When's the best time of day or night to take it? I don't know shit about bcaa.

Natureganics MEGA BCAA Amino Acids

http://www.amazon.com/Natureganics-A...ords=mega+bcaa

Comment

Never used pill form, only flavored drinks so I can't speak to them personally. Bcaas in general are best used intra workout but I've personally gotten the best results taken 3 times a day, one of which intra. 3 times reduces my DOMS significantly, more is a waste and less is noticeably worse. You'd have to experiment for yourself and see what you feel.

Comment

You guys better have a look at this..

http://www.superiormuscle.com/forums...high-dose-bcaa

Comment

Working...
                      X