Should I up my creatine dosage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I up my creatine dosage?

So as I continue to eat strict for summer and drop fat I want to do everything possible to keep the full and pumped look instead of flattening out as I drop all my bf%.

My current preworkout drink only has 1g creatine nitrate in it. Should I be getting more or no? Is nitrate stronger then monohydrate or what? Think you supposed to get 3-5 grams of monohydrate right?

I'm the begginer, thanks for such interesting posts. I will stay here and listen to some opinions.

Comment

Thanks for the help vernall.

Comment

I say why not that's a lower dosage than I would use (C4) ... I notice a strength increase. Nothing works as well Monohydrate for me... it bloats me bad esp at higher dosages. If you do drink more water to avoid dehydrating.

Comment

I do 5mg a day whether it works or not because it is literally only 16$ a year. A big year supply tub of mono is cheap as dirt.

Comment

There have been a bunch of studies on creatine and science shows that it's safe to have in higher doses. I haven't read any scientific journal articles on it but from the blogs and fitness articles I've read people typically take around 20g split up over the day and then in a week or so they go down to 5g a day because they have reached saturation and just need to maintain now.

Comment

Originally posted by AvidFisherman View Post
              There have been a bunch of studies on creatine and science shows that it's safe to have in higher doses. I haven't read any scientific journal articles on it but from the blogs and fitness articles I've read people typically take around 20g split up over the day and then in a week or so they go down to 5g a day because they have reached saturation and just need to maintain now.
              yea the "loading phase". i've also read this isn't needed as you will just as easily reach saturation point with 5 grams over a few days.

Comment

5 grams a day is what I take with my morning shake. Loading phase is definitely not needed, but I do it for a couple days anyways at about 10 grams. Creatine is a necessary supplement for your arsenal. Its one of the most studied supplements and it actually works. No reason not to add it when its so cheap.

Comment

So 1 gram of the nitrate is not enough. Got it

Comment

Working...
                  X