I'm Quiting Pre-Workout Energy Drinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Quiting Pre-Workout Energy Drinks

Been using cellucor c4 for years and I think it's playing a part in my muscle knots and spasms in my upper back. I always seem to be in "fight or flight" mode even 12 hours after ingestion.

Take a look at some of the ingredients under "explosive energy blend". Shit like l-dopa, syepherine, bitter orange etc.. that kind of shit can't be good for someone who can't sleep or relax lol.

I'm already drinking 3 cups of coffee in the morning about an hour before I lift anyway. My nervous system has probably been super charged with all the caffeine and stimulants. Anyway, i'll keep my morning coffee, cant give up my morning ritual of coffee and SM. :D To replace the creatine in the c4 I've ordered a big tub of optimum creatine monohydrate for like $14 bucks from amazon. Gonna start using 5 grams in my pwo shake.

Anyway, see ya later energy drinks, I don't need ya!

Oh btw, I'll be interested to see if my resting heart rate and blood pressure changes for the better after being off this stuff for awhile.

Comment

Yea bro, I've stopped those drinks many years ago and I just drink coffee. Don't you like coffee? The best pre workout training drink:)

Comment

Damn. 3 cups of coffee and then a pre workout drink shortly after. I would be bouncing off the walls. I'm going to switch from pre workout drink to just coffee soon. The pre workout drinks are a bunch of shit thrown together. Not healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo3000 View Post
          Damn. 3 cups of coffee and then a pre workout drink shortly after. I would be bouncing off the walls. I'm going to switch from pre workout drink to just coffee soon. The pre workout drinks are a bunch of shit thrown together. Not healthy.
          Then thing about coffee is that it's so easy to over drink it. I always get mine (trenta size)before I train and then usually around 1pm I have another one.

Iced coffee's are just so good

Comment

yea i love coffee. i was more drinking the pre workout drinks for the pump effect it gives. but now that i'm using mk-677 in the morning i get a much better pump effect from that.

so the fact that I wasn't using the drinks for energy, the fact that I'm already drinking coffee right before, and the fact that c4 only has 1 gram of creatine led me to ask, what the fuck am I using it for. look forward to seeing if I notice any difference by adding in 5 grams creatine mono pwo.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
              yea i love coffee. i was more drinking the pre workout drinks for the pump effect it gives. but now that i'm using mk-677 in the morning i get a much better pump effect from that.

so the fact that I wasn't using the drinks for energy, the fact that I'm already drinking coffee right before, and the fact that c4 only has 1 gram of creatine led me to ask, what the fuck am I using it for. look forward to seeing if I notice any difference by adding in 5 grams creatine mono pwo.
              good idea brother
              I'm going to follow you and end it too... there supposedly terrible for the kidneys. also most have a shit ton of dye in them...

Comment

Now with all that said. If anyone wants to buy a sealed 30 serving tub of c4 PayPal me $16 bucks and I'll send it out. Same tub on Amazon is $26.

Comment

Good for you bro. I have a pwo on hand but rarely ever dip into it. Maybe only a couple times a month if I feel like shit but must get the workout in.

Comment

I use stimulant free pre workouts like hemavol. Has all the good things u need besides the stims.

Comment

Yeah may effect electrolytes and of course cns

Remember you used to use that ON pre with NO but no stims.

Also I can't help but wonder if your obsession with staying lean all the time must take its toll.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr I View Post
                        Yeah may effect electrolytes and of course cns

Remember you used to use that ON pre with NO but no stims.

Also I can't help but wonder if your obsession with staying lean all the time must take its toll.
                        I didn't stay that lean this past holiday season bro. Probably got up to 15% at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                          I didn't stay that lean this past holiday season bro. Probably got up to 15% at least.
                          Really wow

Comment

Yea and I look so much bigger in clothes it's crazy. So not I'm trying to keep the size with higher doses and creatine added to my pwo shake while I diet down.

Comment

Cool, well yeah reduce the cns stims gas to be the first step. Put it this way tge last thing I'd use is clen or var right now

Comment

Working...
                              X