Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tricep width

I was wondering???

I am an ectomorph in every sense of the word. My arms have grown quite a bit, but looking at my arms from behind they look like the same old twigs. Is there anything I can't to that would give a little more width? I guess my training routine has probably become a little stagnant. On tricep day I change up between rope pulldowns, skullcrusher, narrow grip bench press, and dips. Just depends on the day.

Thanks in Advance!

try 2 handed behind the head dumbell extensions (seated) or put the pully high on the cable machine and pull with the ropes from behind your head. i like doin like 2 sets of 20 till i get a good burn and then finish then off with heavy close grip bench and heavy skullcrushers. maybe your overtraining!!

Comment

If you're looking for mass, go 9 sets hard and heavy. Cut out rope and any cable presses and stick to skull crushers, dips & close grip bench. A lot has to do with genetics as well.

Comment

As a full out ectomorph you must be plauges with small joints...

this also means that your tri sweeps will look diminished compared to larger frame individuals.

Just continu focusing on size and eventually you will see the width. It is merely the way our bodies are designed as ectomorphs

Comment

Originally posted by snowblind
          try 2 handed behind the head dumbell extensions (seated) or put the pully high on the cable machine and pull with the ropes from behind your head.
          This is what dramatically increased my arm/tri size. I remeber starting off with like 35lbs and am now at 100 and still pushing. It gives me a nice pump on the larger part of my tri

Comment

Cool! I will change up starting tonight. It also doesn't help that I have REALLY long arms, but I'm gonna beat this bad genetics crap!

Comment

Originally posted by leankid
              Cool! I will change up starting tonight. It also doesn't help that I have REALLY long arms, but I'm gonna beat this bad genetics crap!
              Just remeber when you try a new exercise, technique technique technique. Check your ego at the door and control the weight.

Comment

Skull crushers are the absolute worst for your elbows. any old school BB will tell you the same. And most smart BB won't do them. Cause over time it'll tear your tendons apart. They are great for mass though, but hard on the elbows...

Comment

when you do your close grip bench don't focus on a full rep like a normal bench... concentrate on the portion of the rep that blasts the tri... keep that constant tension on the tri during the entire rep and go heavy....

Comment

I did close grips, dips, and 2 handed extensions last night. Talked to a fella at the gym and what he said made lots of sense! He said do reverse grip bench press to target that muscle on the inside of your tricep. He said most people neglect that muscle, and that they're missing out on some arm thickness. I'm sure there are several ways to hit the muscle, but I just let him ramble so he felt important!

Comment

Originally posted by 6p6
                      when you do your close grip bench don't focus on a full rep like a normal bench... concentrate on the portion of the rep that blasts the tri... keep that constant tension on the tri during the entire rep and go heavy....

totally true. i have found i get a better pump/burn if i do stretching type exercice with the biggest R.O.M. before i do the heavy work. thats why i like behind the head dumbell extensions. kiler stretch.

Comment

dude its even better that you have long arms......that just means you have more distance to steetch the muscle.....especially on overhead dumbell extensions with both hands. thebetter the stretch with the heavy weight will produce big arms.....as soon as you work your way up the dumbell rack of course.

start of with the 15's man....this is where you perfect your technique and feel the muscle working. rep it out soyou know what the burning should feel like. then do the 20's and soforth and so on. like yellowjacket said 9 total sets

do 3 of these

3 of the skulls

3 of dips....weighted if your strong enough.

Comment

Originally posted by leankid
                          I did close grips, dips, and 2 handed extensions last night. Talked to a fella at the gym and what he said made lots of sense! He said do reverse grip bench press to target that muscle on the inside of your tricep. He said most people neglect that muscle, and that they're missing out on some arm thickness. I'm sure there are several ways to hit the muscle, but I just let him ramble so he felt important!
                          reverse grip benches will definately add mass to your triceps , imo they are the premier tricep excercise , i switched to reverse grip while nursing a shoulder injury and my triceps exploded in width and size , always take a handoff when reverse grip benching , unracking the weight is murder on the shoulders

Comment

A few years ago, I got a crazy growth spurt in my triceps from doing reverse-grip bench presses on a smith machine. I found it a little uncomfortable for my wrists, but it was well worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowJacket
                              If you're looking for mass, go 9 sets hard and heavy. Cut out rope and any cable presses and stick to skull crushers, dips & close grip bench. A lot has to do with genetics as well.
                              Exactly. My tris grow just by flexing them, they are my best bodypart, very ripped and massive and I have only done like 3-4 exercises for them in 8 years of training. It doesnt matter what I do with my tris, they just grow!

My exercises are, french presses, cable pressdowns, lying dumbell extentions and dips.

Comment

Working...
                              X