No announcement yet.

Tricep width

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, this is my first post here on SM so be gentle with me :) I have pretty decent arm development from using strict form in curls and reverse curls using the ezbar with my back planted against the wall and concentration curls. For a full and defined triceps (horseshoe) I have much success using dumbell kickbacks, triceps pressdowns and the seated overhead triceps extension. This last exercise is a cable type exercise that still allows for a full rom but is smoother and more stable than skullcrushers and I really get a big pump in my tris from that one.

Comment

skull crushers are my bread and butter for tri's but like its been said , its hell on the joints... what i find adds mass to all three heads are barbell kickbacks,, kinda like a skull crusher but to bring it to the back of your head ( top crown since your lying down) and kick it back at an angle ... go light or its bye bye joints..

Comment

Originally posted by leankid
        I did close grips, dips, and 2 handed extensions last night. Talked to a fella at the gym and what he said made lots of sense! He said do reverse grip bench press to target that muscle on the inside of your tricep. He said most people neglect that muscle, and that they're missing out on some arm thickness. I'm sure there are several ways to hit the muscle, but I just let him ramble so he felt important!
        absoulutely horrible for your shoulder joint. its an abnormal movement with weight for your shoulder. my friend had a torn rotator cuff to prove my point. As for your triceps lookin small from the back, try what eveyrone else has said. then try havin someone take some pics from ther back. you might be surprised its just the angle your lookin at

Comment

bighitz, I'm a trainer and I completely forgot about the barbell extension done the way you describe...hit them on Sunday and my tri's are still sore.....

....a little reminder now and again is always good, lol

Comment

Originally posted by YellowJacket
            If you're looking for mass, go 9 sets hard and heavy. Cut out rope and any cable presses and stick to skull crushers, dips & close grip bench. A lot has to do with genetics as well.

hell yeah, that shit works well. I cut out all of the cable presses and rope thingies and only stuck to basic movments and added alot of arm size as a result of.

I use alot of scullcrushers, close grip bench, over head extensions, and alot of dips to my routine. I do 8-9 heavy sets all the time.

Comment

Working...
            X