Bench Shirts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bench Shirts

Anyone use these? Been doing some reading on them, but it almost makes me feel like it's cheating. Like the shirt is doing some of the work. Is it really even worth it to get one?

I've got a $100 custom Cardillo belt, and I feel like a dick wearing it sometimes and it's just a really cool belt.

I think if you're gonna wear a special squatsuit or bench shirt you gotta be in the fucking olympics or strong man/highland games.

Comment

I laugh at the guys at the gym who wear all that stuff. No you don't need it man. Yeah those are for like powerlifting contests and aren't needed for a regular workout.

Comment

Yeah agree with meat, i use mine just for the strongman events, pretty good for that if its your cuppa tea

Comment

I use a T-shirt..works well:D

Comment

Re: Bench Shirts

Originally posted by beefcake
            Anyone use these? Been doing some reading on them, but it almost makes me feel like it's cheating. Like the shirt is doing some of the work. Is it really even worth it to get one?

its ok im a powerlifter n i use 1 i use inzer heavy duty blast shirt but whatever u can bounce off ur chest u can pause with a shirt but d shirt also helps increase strenth bc u can train with heavier weights

Comment

it is my understanding that these shirts also eliminate the need for many of the stabalizing muscles as well, is this correct?

Comment

Yeah I heard that before too, and don't know why you wouldn't want to build stabilizers. That's why I don't recomend using belts

Comment

If you are a powerlifter then they are a must. A bench shirt basically does all of the work at the bottom end of your lift (off the chest) . They come in poly or denim and vary in thickness. I use mine for most of the year on my heavy bench days. If you are not a competitive powerlifter there really is no need to get one.

Comment

where can you get them?

Comment

Originally posted by chromo56
                      where can you get them?
                      Inzernet.com and titansupport.com

Comment

Working...
                      X