getting thick abs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting thick abs

I am doing the weighted crunch machine like 90lbs for 15 to 20 reps than down to about 12 or as many as I can do about 3 sets a day.

Whats best way to do em? high rep low weight high weight low reps and how often should you work em ed?

I like to to crunches on cables to with a rope I wanna really thicken the abs and define em more than I have now.

advice from the ab masters here??

you can see mine are just starting to show in my avatar

I can tighten em up better than the pic butr want nice thick washboard abs w/out gh.

i dont have thick abs, but i would assume if you want your abs bigger or thicker, it would make sense that you do heavier weight low reps....just like if you wanted your arms bigger you would do heavier weight low reps

Comment

Re: getting thick abs

Originally posted by DangerousGround
      I am doing the weighted crunch machine like 90lbs for 15 to 20 reps than down to about 12 or as many as I can do about 3 sets a day.

Whats best way to do em? high rep low weight high weight low reps and how often should you work em ed?

I like to to crunches on cables to with a rope I wanna really thicken the abs and define em more than I have now.

advice from the ab masters here??

you can see mine are just starting to show in my avatar

I can tighten em up better than the pic butr want nice thick washboard abs w/out gh.
      DG you probably should be working them out like any other muscle. Once a week with a few weighted sets should get them there. I only do about 1 set a week or twisting weighted crunches on a decline bench and i have noticed a huge difference already.

Comment

Re: Re: getting thick abs

hey sc explain the twisting wieghted cruches if you could, never heard of it

Comment

its a machine you have 2 bars behind head and you have a stack of weights and gives you forward and backward pressure a killer machine to work abs with newest addition at my gym.

Comment

actually I just use a free weight decline bench. I grab a 10-25 pound plate. I start at the bottom position and start twisting from side to side. as i do this I slowing increase my position to the contracted postion all the while twisting my way up. then i twist all the way back down. these are very slow reps and i do them until I can't anymore. its the best exercise I have ever done for abs.

Comment

So it's a weighted situp in which you twist each direction on the way up...huh will have to try it out. thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by meat12
                So it's a weighted situp in which you twist each direction on the way up...huh will have to try it out. thanks guys
                the most important part is to do 6-8 twists every few degrees you come up though.

Comment

Hey stone, do you feel the weighted situps works more of your hip flexors, or do you feel it mostly in the abs? Buddy of mine does them, and says it's the only exercise that leaves his abs toasted. But I wonder if it'll work the flexors too much and leave the look of having love handles?

Comment

Originally posted by beefcake
                    Hey stone, do you feel the weighted situps works more of your hip flexors, or do you feel it mostly in the abs? Buddy of mine does them, and says it's the only exercise that leaves his abs toasted. But I wonder if it'll work the flexors too much and leave the look of having love handles?
                    no, but i also really focus on contracting my abs. A lot of guys just don't have the ability to relax certain muscles while working other ones out. They really burn my abs like nothing before.

Comment

hmmm i think the info here is bs. U said u do every day??? and u want thicker??? The abs are like every other muscle. Training them every day will result in them shrinking down man. Overworking them etc. Do 3 days a week spaced out if you want em to get bigger just like any other muscle group. Visualize them working as ur doing ur weighted crunches etc. I like to do the ab machine in the gym. Then do knee raises and jack knifes getting addition excercise on my upper and lower.

Comment

Originally posted by Juka865
                        hmmm i think the info here is bs. U said u do every day??? and u want thicker??? The abs are like every other muscle. Training them every day will result in them shrinking down man. Overworking them etc. Do 3 days a week spaced out if you want em to get bigger just like any other muscle group. Visualize them working as ur doing ur weighted crunches etc. I like to do the ab machine in the gym. Then do knee raises and jack knifes getting addition excercise on my upper and lower.
                        what info do you think is BS?? Working out them everyday or 3 days a week isn't much different as far as stress is concerned IMO.

Comment

i think working anything every day is bs. only thing u should be doing every day is either stretches or cardio if u need to that is. abs every day is retarded. thats like working ur biceps every day. ur killin em. This guy is looking to tone n doing them every day wouldnt tone it either. First u need to get rid of the BF covering which comes with dieting and cardio. Then u need to work them a few times a week. Ok anything other then that is bs IMO kk fu thx bye.

Comment

Originally posted by Juka865
                            i think working anything every day is bs. only thing u should be doing every day is either stretches or cardio if u need to that is. abs every day is retarded. thats like working ur biceps every day. ur killin em. This guy is looking to tone n doing them every day wouldnt tone it either. First u need to get rid of the BF covering which comes with dieting and cardio. Then u need to work them a few times a week. Ok anything other then that is bs IMO kk fu thx bye.
                            i understand that you've come a long way in your weight loss journey and you're learning from this board - and you're trying to share the knowledge. but learning and sharing is one thing, telling 2 mods that what they're saying is b.s. and then saying "k, f* u , thanks bye" is uncalled for.

consider this a warning.

Comment

well i was pissed because stone ur saying how 3 days isnt much diff from a week... oh i think it is man... working every day opposed to a monday wednesday or friday is way diff man come on. And i wasnt saying ur advice was bs. I was saying how Dangerousground's whole set up wasn't going to give him what he wanted. That's all. I guess i didnt clarify my self or direct my msg to who i was really talking too... and sana i said fu not the real thing... god can't even do that??? i see alot worse profanity in here then that amongst all the inuendos etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X