Muscle growth life expectancy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muscle growth life expectancy?

Reletively, how long will a muscle grow from a workout, under ideal circumstances?

I know it depends on how good you work out that particular muscle, and if you provide it with the exact proteins and nutrients it needs to grow. So for this question, lets just assume you have perfect workout/diet, how long would the muscle grow after the workout?

I've been separating workouts on particular muscles by about 4-5 days. I would like to know if those workouts are too close together to get ideal growth. Wouldn't want to be wasting my time.

Re: Muscle growth life expectancy?

Originally posted by lordikon
    Reletively, how long will a muscle grow from a workout, under ideal circumstances?

I know it depends on how good you work out that particular muscle, and if you provide it with the exact proteins and nutrients it needs to grow. So for this question, lets just assume you have perfect workout/diet, how long would the muscle grow after the workout?

I've been separating workouts on particular muscles by about 4-5 days. I would like to know if those workouts are too close together to get ideal growth. Wouldn't want to be wasting my time.
    well it all depends if you have a tendency of gaining muscle fast or not. People could either be hardgainers, takes then time to gain. Mid-gainers, gaining at normal rates. And u got the fast gainers, who put on muscle very fast.

I got 2 different friends who are the total opposite. Ones a slow gainer, taking every thing from Proteins to eating 5-6 meals a day and gains little.
    The other friend who can only eat one or 2 meals a day and still put on mass like crazy. I think it all depends.

I think its also inportant to keep a log and keep track of the workouts, the poundages lifted, sets, reps, bodyweight, and even measurements.:D

Comment

I definitely keep good records, probably more than I even need too. I'm definitely a hard gainer. I've been putting on mass pretty good for the last 6 months, but that's only because I had never lifted before in my life, so of course it's gonna start out good.

Comment

Re: Muscle growth life expectancy?

Originally posted by lordikon

impossible to answer accuratley I believe. Muscles are always in a state of flux (just like your whole body is). The important thing to remember is to take enough protein in to keep the nitrogen balance positive (you have more than is being lost). also there is more to gaining muscle than just the time in between specific muscles, the time in between all workouts is more important than that in terms of anabolism/catabolism.

Comment

Rest is important. The tendency to overtrain is a natural urge 'cos you want to get results quickly. If you are looking to gain mass you should lift 2-3x per week whole body routine- maybe only 2x week at first. But you should look to make your sessions as intense as you can. keep the weights low-ish but make sure that you get a full range of motion and do NOT use inertia, smooth action. I think that if you have the time you should not split your routine at this stage. For the moment try a work day with a two day rest then work day but do a whole body routine unless you can't fit it into your gym time.

Comment

Working...
          X