Adrenalin(sp) makes a diff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adrenalin(sp) makes a diff?

What do u all think? I defineatly notice that when I get rlly pumped (Im a silent type, so im not yelling) such as ppl watching me ect. and music is blaring ect, I can feel the adrenalin and I always seem to do better during that set of the lift. I also notice treating every single rep like ur doing ur 1 rep max helps, along with squeezing the bar very hard. Thats always helped me as well.
    I think if a lot of ppl tried some of these minor things they could do more weight ect.

I say this because I remember one day I was lifting in my garage (Now at the gym) and I was doing my normal weight on bench, I was trying for like 5 reps or so. I kept getting 2.

Then a friend stopped by, i started to get pumped, and I realized I was forgetting to squeeze the bar rlly hard, and rememberd that even on my first rep I should be pushing as hard as my last rep. I banged out 5 or 6 I think....

Just sharin a little story/tried info

Anyone else have little things like these that help?

for sure. for me i gotta pump some hardcore music in my headphones (rap, rock, metal, whatever, as long as it's hardcore!) and just sit and think about throwing people around, smashing stuff with my bare hands, choking my ex girlfrend(just kidding!) but basically anything that gets my blood hot. then i stare myself down in the mirror with my meanest mugg and hit the set. may sound dumb or crazy or whatever. but it really helps me

Comment

I read a story where arnold was talking about dave draper and how his demeanor would change once he got to the gym. He was normally a quiet, down to earth guy. But once he in that environment, all of a sudden it was like a fire was lit inside him, and he was just ready for business. Arnold was saying how it was cool to see the effects that working out had on people and how it could change you for the better.

Comment

Working...
      X