No announcement yet.

Thumb Position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like thumb only over bar in many exersises..tri's, curls, cables seem to get better stretch for me i just starting doing it a few yrs ago and love it.
    espically for forearms going deeper I have strong fingers and hands no pains

Comment

under for safety reasons - to keep the bar from rolling off of the palms. But also because I can squeeze the bar tighter which really does seem to help me lift a bit more.

Comment

over...i used to bench with my thumbs sticking straight out, they were on the bar, i can't explain it, either you know what im talking about or not, like my thumbs were pointing towards each other

anyway, i quit that for some reason and just started doing everything with the thumb over

Comment

wait...are you guys saying under talking about a false grip?

Comment

Originally posted by goliath
            wait...are you guys saying under talking about a false grip?
            Yea, I think I jacked it up and it's confusing as hell now. I think we're going as under is the thumb wrapped around the bar in the opposite direction as your other fingers. Over is your thumb wrapped around the bar in the same direction as your other fingers. Unfortunately, I don't have the power to re-word the poll.

Comment

Im under, i think its because i enjoy alot of dumbells where you have too :D

Comment

Working...
              X