which would be better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which would be better?

Which one would be better. Since i just returned to school and have tues and thurs off, i wanted to go to the gym in the morning and nights. I wwanted to know which scheduale would be better and why.

1) cardio (mornings) 45 minutes
    workouts (nights)

or

2) workouts (mornings)
    cardio (nights) 45 minutes

:D

If you're trying to lose, cardio in the morning with low carb breakfast may be considered best. This extends the period of time that the body is using fat stores.

I am not a morning person, I find it hard to warm up to do a heavy workout fresh out of bed, after an hour or two I'm OK.

On the other hand, after being on my feet all day, I might not get the best leg workout.

I think mid-morning is the most productive for intense weight training overall. After you get two meals down and the body is loose I can lift the most. Plus you have the rest of the day to eat!
    Last edited by Gort; 09-02-04, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gort
      If you're trying to lose, cardio in the morning with low carb breakfast may be considered best. This extends the period of time that the body is using fat stores.
      di u mean on empty stomach or with some low carb in stomach and then workout (cardio).

Originally posted by Gort
      I am not a morning person, I find it hard to warm up to do a heavy workout fresh out of bed, after an hour or two I'm OK.
      yeah i tried that last time. I woke up, eat something light but with high protein and hit the gym an hour later. I felt like barfing and the workouts were not the same. Just realized im more of an afternoon person.

Comment

I prefer lifting at night if I can but I haven't been able to in years. So I have to do both in the morning but I don't see much difference.

Comment

Running in the morning before eating is the fastest weight loss but also has some muscle loss. Sleep hours are spent fasting so blood sugar levels get low. Low blood sugar levels mean the body is running off of protein and fat broken down by the liver. If no other protein is available, muscle is catabolized for fuel.

If you get some protein and carbs in the morning, but not enough carbs to raise your blood sugar too high, it will spare the muscle. If blood sugar goes too high it becomes the source of fuel and fatloss stops. An example of breakfast would be 1/2 cup plain oatmeal and two eggs or a chicken breast, no juice, milk is OK.

Comment

Working...
          X