No announcement yet.

Squat probs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

like what would be a good stretch for that problem?

Comment

lol - i don't know, i don't stretch enough. ask stonecold.

Comment

try to mimick the squat motion. with a broom stick gradually to get your shoulders stretched out.

Comment

I use one of those waist trimmer neoprene wraps. I cut off about half of the length opposite of the velcro end and I roll the bar up in this. Velcro holds it in position just fine. It's about 1 1/2" thick and does the trick for me. I have pretty good traps and the bare bar still hurts the shit out of me. Pussy or not, be as comfortable as you can when doing anything. BB

Comment

thanks peeps, gunna try the broomstick thing and the pad, if that dont work ima be pissed

Comment

Originally posted by Slashmonay
              thanks peeps, gunna try the broomstick thing and the pad, if that dont work ima be pissed
              If not, just use that hack squat like you said. Best to use both if you can, but either or, the hack squat can murder the legs just as well. Maybe try the smith machine squats if you have one.

Comment

hack squats is the angled machine similar to the leg press with the pads?

Comment

Originally posted by Slashmonay
                  hack squats is the angled machine similar to the leg press with the pads?
                  Yup.

Comment

yo man, the machines are cool but if you want serious strength and balance i say stick with free weight squats,,using the machine every other time maybe. maybe you have the bar to high up on your neck, try putting it just below your neck. also dont just let the weight sit fully on you. support it a little with your shoulders. this way you've got less pressure on your back, your shoulders get a little resistance and the weight on your legs is the same. if its your lower back thats hurting do like beefcake sez and work on form, also do lots of crunches and lower back exercises to strengthen your core. you'd be surpriseed how having a strong mid section can help your strength and prevent lower back pain. its like a natural back brace when built up

Comment

Working...
                    X