My complete workout...that could take some time

Chest:
    Bench press - 5 sets, 6-10 reps
    Flat bench flies - 5 sets, 6-10 reps
    Incline bench press - 6 sets, 6-10 reps
    Cable crossovers - 6 sets, 10-12 reps
    Dips - 5 sets, to failure
    Dumbbell pullovers - 5 sets, 10-12 reps

we don't have to look much further than this part for the answer. You know how many total sets for chest I did this morning? 2 sets! One set of cable crossovers and one set of close grip machine vertical bench press. The fact that you only work one bodypart a week is of no consequence if you do 35-40 sets a workout. You are going to hurt guranteed. You know why everyones shoulders hurt eventually? Because they are involved in every movement pretty much in your whole workout. You need to rest them. I also noticed you do no direct work for shoulders, is that a typo or on purpose?

Comment

No, it was a typo. Usually around 15 sets on shoulders. (while incorporating stabilizing exercizing) total.

Ill try scaling my workouts down then and see how that goes. Maybe i should take a couple days off for my shoulder...

Comment

Originally posted by notopher
        No, it was a typo. Usually around 15 sets on shoulders. (while incorporating stabilizing exercizing) total.

Ill try scaling my workouts down then and see how that goes. Maybe i should take a couple days off for my shoulder...
        try a few weeks. that is good test to see if you are over trained. If I take a month off I will not lose size or strength. If you begin to lose strength and size after only a few days off something was wrong in the first place. add that shoulder workout and you are asking for trouble brother. You don't have to listen but I am in this game for the rest of my life and I gurantee you won't be without major pain if you continue with that amount of volume.

Comment

No i completely understand. i think im going to take some time off. I want to be in it for the long haul. Time off is better than the altenative.
          Anyway, Im supposed to leave for Europe at the end of the month for 10 days to clean out a house I own and just sold. the stress has been a pain in the ass and now that its over ill be able to better focus and the rest should help. Thanks for the advice Stone. Ill listen to it for sure

Comment

Originally posted by notopher
            No i completely understand. i think im going to take some time off. I want to be in it for the long haul. Time off is better than the altenative.
            Anyway, Im supposed to leave for Europe at the end of the month for 10 days to clean out a house I own and just sold. the stress has been a pain in the ass and now that its over ill be able to better focus and the rest should help. Thanks for the advice Stone. Ill listen to it for sure
            cool I come off extreme sometimes but I really just want guys to train safely and effectively. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by stonecold54
              cool I come off extreme sometimes but I really just want guys to train safely and effectively. Good luck.
              :liar: You just want us to train like pussy's so that we'll look like shit so you can take our women. :D

Comment

Originally posted by beefcake
                :liar: You just want us to train like pussy's so that we'll look like shit so you can take our women. :D
                I already got your women, so there goes that motive. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by stonecold54
                  I already got your women, so there goes that motive. LOL
                  Got jokes today do we? :moon: :fufool:

Comment

Originally posted by beefcake
                    Got jokes today do we? :moon: :fufool:
                    GOT MILK??

:rofl: I am so tired. LOL

Comment

Working...