what about form?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what about form?

i was in the gym yesterday and seen these guys load the t-bar (for back) with 7-8 plates then just yanking the weight up and down no holding at the top for a flex or anything. the funny thing is these fuckers were big and muscular. is form that important? cuzz there form is garbage on every exercize they do but they look good.

Re: what about form?

Originally posted by ROCKETW19
    i was in the gym yesterday and seen these guys load the t-bar (for back) with 7-8 plates then just yanking the weight up and down no holding at the top for a flex or anything. the funny thing is these fuckers were big and muscular. is form that important? cuzz there form is garbage on every exercize they do but they look good.
    is form important?? Most definelty yes. Just imagine how big they could get if they stimulated their muscles. LOL Some guys will grow doing anything. Just look past them and focus on keeping good form because sooner or later they end up out of the gym with an injury.

Comment

There's a guy at my gym who does shrugs and he just sits there and yanks em up while jerking his body. I guess he thinks he's being explosive. Bottom line, his form is crap. Number two, his traps haven't grown in the 1-1/2 years that i've seen him there doing those.

Comment

ive seen those alot and they wonder why they dont grow :rofl:

Comment

all your really doing is cheating yourself with bad form.

Drop the amount of wieght your using and go with only what you can lift with proper form then slowly move the wieght up as you can handle it.....then you will see much better results.

Comment

i agree with all of you i use good form. but when i see these guys do this ED and there still big it makes me wonder. but i will still use good form i was just curious.

Comment

it's more that they just have good genetics, they may not reach their full potential because of their poor form

Comment

thats why i tell people who start training. I go like this "It dont matter if your curling 10 pound dumbells", as long as the form is good, u will built strength and in no time hitting the 30's or more. It takes time but it works better. I tell them "u prefer lifting 40 pounds and swinging the dumbells, or lighter weight that u can manage right with strict form and watch yourself grow".

Alot of people tey to lift alot to impress others, but not only that they look like jackasses when they get injured. Im not afraid to pick up the 20's and do side laterals. Or even when the bicpes are all beat up from the curls, getting somme 15's or even 20's and do concentration curls. What works works.

Thats what some people need to realize that lifting heavy with no form aint gonna get u no where.

Comment

Originally posted by JUICE
                  thats why i tell people who start training. I go like this "It dont matter if your curling 10 pound dumbells", as long as the form is good, u will built strength and in no time hitting the 30's or more. It takes time but it works better. I tell them "u prefer lifting 40 pounds and swinging the dumbells, or lighter weight that u can manage right with strict form and watch yourself grow".

Alot of people tey to lift alot to impress others, but not only that they look like jackasses when they get injured. Im not afraid to pick up the 20's and do side laterals. Or even when the bicpes are all beat up from the curls, getting somme 15's or even 20's and do concentration curls. What works works.

Thats what some people need to realize that lifting heavy with no form aint gonna get u no where.
                  :agree:

yeah your not there to impress anybody bro. The good results make more of an impression than people seeing you lift heavy weight with bad form. Plus it's gonna put you at risk of injury

Comment

Not only that, but also full rom. I see guys only doing 1/4 to 1/2 of the full exercise. I was doing a 60lb db on the preacher and this scrawny guy in a nurses uniform was watching and when I was done he goes and tries to use the 60 also, but only doing 1/4 of the movement. He watched me on skull crushers and then tried to do the same thing. WTF? Was he not watching how far down and up I was going? Inferiority complex I think.

Comment

Originally posted by meat12
                      :agree:

yeah your not there to impress anybody bro. The good results make more of an impression than people seeing you lift heavy weight with bad form will. Plus it's gonna put you at risk of injury

very true.

Theres this one guy on the gym where i go to. He told me hes been training about 1-2 years now. I lift more than him because ive been training since i was 13 and im 22. Well this guy uses light weight to me. For bench hes doing the bar and 1 45-plate on each side. But let me tell u, this guy uses awesome form and has an amazing body. Ripped with size. He uses light weights and has awesome results. As where theres this guy whos been there for a long time from what ive been tld cause i joined a month ago. This guy looks all normal but lifts a great amount due due to no form. Thier all drinking thier shakes and all thinking thats goonna get them big but nope.:(

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKETW19
                        i agree with all of you i use good form. but when i see these guys do this ED and there still big it makes me wonder. but i will still use good form i was just curious.
                        what came first the chicken or the egg? were they big before they started using bad form or vice versa?:)

Comment

goodform

Im a firm believer in strict form. But at the same time I know that cheating can be very smart too. Like biceps, only after Ive done as many as possible with strictest form will I use say my back or legs to squeeze out a few more forced reps.

Comment

Re: goodform

Originally posted by Huskky
                            Im a firm believer in strict form. But at the same time I know that cheating can be very smart too. Like biceps, only after Ive done as many as possible with strictest form will I use say my back or legs to squeeze out a few more forced reps.
                            if you have a partner do forced reps as there is less a chance you will hurt yourself.

Comment

I mean to get through the sticking point, but, your right sc it is best to use a spotter. Only problem is Ive been running through partners like crazy over the past 2 years. I own agym and its still tough. I bring the focus back to target body part after getting through sticking point.

Comment

Working...
                              X