reps till total exhaustion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reps till total exhaustion

ive been doing sets of 6-10 reps for 3-4 sets. do you guys lower the weight and keep repping it out after your original sets are done to totally exhaust the muscle? or is just thje few sets of heavy weighted ok?

nah just stick with the 3-4 sets, anything more is overkill

Comment

Re: reps till total exhaustion

Originally posted by Slashmonay
      ive been doing sets of 6-10 reps for 3-4 sets. do you guys lower the weight and keep repping it out after your original sets are done to totally exhaust the muscle? or is just thje few sets of heavy weighted ok?
      why don't you just take 1-2 of the heavy sets to failure so you fail around the 10 rep mark? wouldn't that make more sense than do 4 sub-failure sets and the repping to failure on a light weight.

Comment

i do till failure usually, but heard even after failure working extra reps can tear more fibers. was just curious to see if anyone did that.

Comment

i do till failure usually, but heard even after failure working extra reps can tear more fibers. was just curious to see if anyone did that.
          tearing fibers is not an accurate way to gauge muscle growth otherwise tearing a muscle completely would be the logical conclusion. Chanllenging the muscle with new and different methods is what will make the muscle grow. and doing a lighter set after a heavyier set will be counterproductive in terms of overtraining.

Comment

i do till failure usually, but heard even after failure working extra reps can tear more fibers.
            the best way to me is to go to complete failure,and i mean complete! that should be sufficient along with eating enough to recover what you tore down ,then you go to the gym again and tear down the more fibers your talking about.

Comment

Working...
            X