Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have not been sore after workouts lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont feel like i have done anything if im not sore the next day or day after that, i understand that being sore comes from slight tears in muscle fibres, and possably lactic acid. but would you say someone who hasent swam in years and gets really sore after 10 laps was injuring themselves? i dont feel that being sore equals imjury. when i dont get sore i stop growing, then i kick it up a notch and the soarness returns, with more size.

Comment

Originally posted by njlovehandles
      i dont feel like i have done anything if im not sore the next day or day after that, i understand that being sore comes from slight tears in muscle fibres, and possably lactic acid. but would you say someone who hasent swam in years and gets really sore after 10 laps was injuring themselves? i dont feel that being sore equals imjury. when i dont get sore i stop growing, then i kick it up a notch and the soarness returns, with more size.
      what do you think soreness is. It doesn't exsist outside itself. Mircotrauma is what soreness is from. so yes depending on how you define "injury" it is a form of it. Not debilatating but nonetheless an injury. you most likely are growing when you stagnate because switching routines evey 8 weeks or so is a good idea because your body neurologically adapts very easily and will do anything it can to get stronger but not bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by stonecold54
        also you are doing Way to many sets and exercises. Pick two for each (one compound and one isolation for chest) muscle group and do no more than 3-4 sets total within those two exercises and make the sets intense.
        :agree: No offense EC but to me it sounds like you have the same "more is better" mentality that most people have when they start wroking out. Let me guess your going to the gym 6 days a week? I'm not saying I am a Mike Mentzer HIT fan but you definetly have too much volume in that routine.

Comment

Originally posted by Slashmonay
          only 1-2 excersises with 3-4 sets? i dont agree with that... i usually do one bodypart per day with 3-4 excersises with 4 sets.
          Bro read this! Taken from an article in the August 04 issue of Men's Fitness entitled "Body Part Training is Dead"

You don't have to sport a permed mullet and baggy muscle pants to look like an outdated bodybuilder. For most guys, all it requires is a trip to the gym. Why? Because the average lifter still organizes his workouts by body part, designating a separate day to chest, shoulders, arms, and so on. It's a popular appraoch that was popularized in the 80's by every muscle mag on the planet. Plenty of muscleheads swear by it. But it is antiquated. Think about it: Everything else has evolved and improved in the last 20 yrs - shouldn't your workout?

Faulty Grounds

The foundation of bodypart training is shaky because of one simple and often ignored fact: You can't isolate muscles. Whether your doing a bench press for your chest or an arm curl for your biceps, there are always other muscle at work. These muscles either assist the "target" muscle or contract to stabalize your joints as you perform the exercise. So when you prepare to lift a weight, your brain sends a nerve impulse to all the muscles needed to initiate the movement, causing them to fire as a single unit. The bottom line - you brain recognizes movement patterns, not individual muscles, so that's the way you should orgainze your training sessions. Yet few lifters or trainers think in those terms, and that the problem because body-part routines don't allow for balanced workouts, ideal recovery, or efficient training For example, here's a common workout plan: chest on Monday, back on Tuesday, legs on Wed, shoulders on Thursday, and arms on Friday. Now here is why it's flawed:

1. The muscles of the lower body, the quadriceps, hamstrings, and calves, are worked on the same day, yet the chest, back, shoulders, and arms are trained separately. There is nothing wrong with training your legs once a week, but devoting another 4 days to your upper body is poor logic.

2. Having a dedicated "arm" day is overkill. When you train your chest, back or shoulders the smaller assisting muscles - triceps and biceps - fatigue faster than the larger target muscles. So by doing compound moves, such as bench presses, shoulder presses, chinups, and rows your working your arm muscles maximally, even if you never do a bicep curl or tricep extension.

3. The arm workout is performed the day after the shoulder workout, even though shoulder presses engage the tricps fully. This results in inadequate recovery time for growth.

4. Since your only working one bodypart per day, you have to perform straight sets, resting between each. That means that there's limited opportunity to speed your workout with supersets or alternating sets.
          Last edited by Cmsmallzz; 09-26-04, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X