**Tricep Problem** HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **Tricep Problem** HELP

The lateral head of my tricep is more than pleasing to me, the medial is where my problem is. Do any of you know anything to get this more developed?

Some exercises that hit the medial head are dips (all the heads), close-grip bench presses (lateral and medial heads) and reverse grip push-downs (focuses on the medial head). Good luck and I had to deal with the same problem before so I know your feeling!

Also, make sure that during things like rope extensions that you pronate your hands at the end of the movement, which should put more stress on the medial head. Also, I believe that overhead extensions, again focusing on a pronated grip, will hit the medial head as well.

Comment

Originally posted by TripleX
      The lateral head of my tricep is more than pleasing to me, the medial is where my problem is. Do any of you know anything to get this more developed?

What are you doing for triceps right now?

Comment

check your shoulder position. For me, the more forward my shoulders, the more lateral the focus. Try pinching your shoulder blades together when working triceps ... you will feel it more in the medial head.

Comment

close-grip bench
          nose breakers
          v-bar
          wide grip push downs

Comment

Try adding the reverse grip stuff. I was pretty weak at it when my medial heads were smaller and I'm sure they helped.

Comment

Thanx for the advice. I have tri's and bi's wed. so i will try it out.

Comment

try doing pushdowns with rope atatchement and really squeeze at bottom.

Comment

I would say that you should just be doing cg bench and french press...heavy...to get size on a specific part such as the medial head u really do just need to add overall size and it will grow. I'm not a big fan of isolation though

Comment

Today i started off with cg bench, then moved on to nose breakers, then to reverse grip press downs, and finished it all off with a few sets of dips. The medial head was def. on fire by the time i got done! I am going to stick with this for about two weeks and then start alternating the two workouts.

And Control,if you read over this thread again PM me and let me know your input, u never did reply when i answered your Q. I would like to hear what you have to say.

Thank you all for your help.

Comment

Overhead movements will maximize the action of the medial head.

Comment

Originally posted by TripleX
                        Today i started off with cg bench, then moved on to nose breakers, then to reverse grip press downs, and finished it all off with a few sets of dips. The medial head was def. on fire by the time i got done! I am going to stick with this for about two weeks and then start alternating the two workouts.

And Control,if you read over this thread again PM me and let me know your input, u never did reply when i answered your Q. I would like to hear what you have to say.

Thank you all for your help.
                        I was just going to suggest doing weighted dips first thing in your workout (actually, I take that back, do a few sets of cable push-downs first to warm-up your elbows). Do those, and some decline skull-crushers and that's really all you need. If you really wanted to do another exercise try cable kick-backs. Just like dumbell kickbacks but you grip the rubber stopper on a low-pulley. Do those real slow and hold the contraction for a second at the top.

Comment

Why do you want the medial head to grow so much? Mine is pretty well developed and I think it looks funky when you flex. It's like a little ass piece of meat sticking out from under the long head. Seems the reverse cable extensions and db skull crushers have done this.

Comment

Originally posted by beefcake
                            Why do you want the medial head to grow so much? Mine is pretty well developed and I think it looks funky when you flex. It's like a little ass piece of meat sticking out from under the long head. Seems the reverse cable extensions and db skull crushers have done this.
                            Ummm. Like i said. Mine isnt well developed. So in order to make the tricep look more proportional i need to thicken the medial head. Competing is something that i plan to do so i want to get every part of my body as close to perfect as i can.
                            i have never had a diet. So all of the pics you have seen are mainly genetics and training. I am looking at getting on stage in 2 years, so i am trying to dial my diet in and perfect the small things along the way.

Comment

Working...
                            X