No announcement yet.

Forearm Pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just getting back into the gym, but I used to get this pain all the time. It go to the point that I hated doing my bi workouts more than anything else. The pain from releasing my grib from a curl bar or something got overwhelming at times.
    In my case it felt like I only got it from doing bi workouts with a bar. I changed things up and used dumbells for almost all my bi excercises. It's been a long time and that pain is gone now, but I remember taking a break on my bi's in the past for a few weeks and still having the pain there anyone I wanted to increase the weight a little.

Comment

Yeah, some good answers here. The same thing happened to me when I did alot of preacher curls. I wouldn't feel it so much until I released my grip. Exactly the same thing. Damn that hurts alot too. I found that I could use dumbells without any pain but I couldn't do any barbell work. I'm assuming it's because of the way your hands are twisted palms up. Like you said...rest, but try laying off barbell work and stick to dumbells for a while. I stopped doing preachers too and I haven't had a problem with it since.

In other words...I agree with Bdubb. I didn't read his post right above me. :o
      Last edited by babyblues; 01-27-06, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Drop ALL barbell bicep exercises Bro, use dumbells only. You ARE literally tearing the muscle off the bone. Do yourself a favour and go and get a bonescan. Use compression bandages 24/7 for at least a month with Voltaren rapid 25mg's three times daily. Train as usual but DON'T USE BARBELLS FOR YOUR BI'S.

Comment

exactly...use the EZ bar or go to dumbbells...you might find (dunno if you have already) that the pain is a little less the more vertical your palms are in your curls, like hammer curls

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Savage
            :nutkick: After training biceps I have been getting stabbing pain in my forearms. I would liken it to shin splints. It feels like it is the bone.

It is ok whilst performing my sets, however as soon as I release my grip the stabbing pain shoots into my forearm.

Anyone else experience this and what did you do (besides lay off weights) to remedy the pain. I am thinking rubbing some sort of oil into the area after training arms.

:nerdnew:
            I didn't read all the responses but its from the nature of traditional bicep movements....holding a barbell isn't natural with large amounts of weight....even dumbells to an extent can do it....I usually use a cable with a slightly cambered bar so that my thumbs are slightly higher than my hands. but I would also say that overtraining is a major factor as doing many other movements can exacerbate the pain.

Comment

Working...
            X