Bigger neck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bigger neck?

So I'm doing a core split, lifting 2x/week. I focus on squats, deadlifts, bench, rows, militaries, etc. The compound movements, which I understand are important for building a good basis. However, one thing I'd really like to improve is my neck, which is super skinny. What is a good way to build a bigger neck?

Just workout your traps Bro.

Comment

Originally posted by TripleXx
      Just workout your traps Bro.

I agree...do some shrugs.

Comment

I've never seen anybody with a skinny neck that could deadlift alot of weight. Keep doing deads and you'll get a big neck.

Comment

Originally posted by Control
          I've never seen anybody with a skinny neck that could deadlift alot of weight. Keep doing deads and you'll get a big neck.
          Control, dont you think that adding some dumbell shrugs would benefit him at the moment, looking at the way he is currently training??

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Savage
            Control, dont you think that adding some dumbell shrugs would benefit him at the moment, looking at the way he is currently training??
            Yeah. I just started doing shrugs again after not doing anything specifically for traps in a long time. I'm not doing deads right now cuz my lower back has been pissing me off so I started shrugging again. I do them like how I described in this thread:

http://www.superiormuscle.com/vbulle...ad.php?t=28672

Comment

Originally posted by Control
              I do them like how I described in this thread:

http://www.superiormuscle.com/vbulle...ad.php?t=28672
              I agree--db shrugs are great, but I'd also say that hitting them from all angles has benefited me. I make sure that I work in front db or bb shrugs and behind the back bb shrugs as well. I'm not personally particularly fond of the behind the back but the front are great.

Comment

I don't do shrugs much. I used to run a construction company and lifted 100 - 200 lbs containers all day. Heavy front shrugs will make your traps pop out from you ear lobe to your clavicle. Hehe or you can just lift containers all day. Have fun

Comment

there's no reason to do shrugs if your doing heavy deads. Deads will work your traps better than what any shrugs will.

but as far as getting your neck bigger, that will come with the rest of you getting bigger. and doing all those compound lifts will help real quick. I wouldnt even change anything your doing. Just be patient and watch yourself grow

Comment

lol sometime when i really load up the leg press or go heavy on the squat the next day my neck will be sore from straining so hard on those last reps

Comment

Working...
                    X