whats the deal w. cardio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats the deal w. cardio

i posted a thread awhile back on doing cardio, but i didnt get any real answers , so im gonna try again. if you were trying to lose fat/inchs off your belly and other areas, would it be better to do cardio 4-5 times a week at 45 mins, or weight training 3-4 times a week 45 mins. or even both?
    ive lost like 30 pounds in about 3 months w/ weight training, and clean diet. but i havent noticed much off my belly.

both with proper dieting just dont overtrain yourself

Comment

As we all know, there isn't really a legal way to spot reduce. You have to just persevere and continue to lose the weight and it will eventually come off the stomach. Men tend to store fat on their stomach, so it may come off there more slowly. Most guys have to get to about 8%bf to see abs, so you will need to get relatively lean.
      Both cardio and resistance exercise are crucial to optimal fat loss and toning, IMO.

Comment

can you give me some examples of resistance exercises

Comment

"resistance exercise" generally means weight training

Comment

Also, if you had measured your girth (tape measure around your stomach around your back and then back around to the same point.) you probably have lost, a pound of fat is a small percentage of your overall weight so its gonna take some consistant excersize and dieting over time to see the losses. harder to notice them when you see yourself everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by BBAddict
              As we all know, there isn't really a legal way to spot reduce. You have to just persevere and continue to lose the weight and it will eventually come off the stomach. Men tend to store fat on their stomach, so it may come off there more slowly. Most guys have to get to about 8%bf to see abs, so you will need to get relatively lean.
              Both cardio and resistance exercise are crucial to optimal fat loss and toning, IMO.
              Good answer. Spot reduction is huey. Around your middle is usually the first place fat starts to show when you put on weight so it makes sense that it would be one of the last places that you're going to see fat disappear.

Comment

I run for 30 minutes everyday in the morning on a empty stomach when I wake up(best results when done like this) and also do abs in the morning then proceed to lift later in the day...I have gotten very good results so far and will continue to, I have used the same cut plan as before and lost 15 lbs of fat while gaining muscle. I do this routine 4 days on, 2 days off for rest.

Comment

Working...
                X