Routine help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Routine help

This is my current routine right now. What do u all think. Never done it this way before. I ask because ive been feeling like shit recently. Have been having trouble sleeping, school, and worst of all a 4 year relationship that ended in Christmas, so its been hard for me. Im eating so and so, not how i am supposed to eat. With money short, my work hours cut down big time, i cannot buy my foods. So i try to eat what i have here at home, but still mange to get 6-7 meals a day. I watch what i eat but its not enough.

This routine i wanted to give it a shot. But ive been feeling tired big time. Dont know if its because ive been eating less than before or what. Im not taking gear nor any supplements right now. Should i cut down all the sets to 2 sets only, but intense sets or just hit them the way im doing.

Forgot to add, im 5'11'' around 224-226 in weight. Went down from 232 about 3 weeks ago. I look more leaner though but i feel like shit.

Well this is the routine Ive been doing:
    Sunday
    rest

Mondays
    Chest
    flat 4 sets
    Incline 4 sets
    dips or delcine 4 sets. I usually do (10, 8, 6, 4 reps)
    Biceps
    straight bar 4 sets
    hammer curls 4 sets
    preacher curls 4 sets and my forarms
    15 minute cardio around 65%

Tuesdays
    Legs
    squats 4 sets
    leg presses 4 sets
    leg extensions 4 sets
    seated curls 4 sets
    lying leg curls 4 sets
    standing calve raises 3 sets
    donkey raises 3 sets

Wednesdays
    30-40 minute cardio
    abs

Thursdays
    Back
    t-rows 4 sets
    pulldowns 4 sets
    seated wide crip rows 3 sets
    close grip pulldowns (reverse grip) 3 sets
    shrugs 4 sets (go up to 315 for about 10 reps)
    Forearms 3 sets/ 3 sets reverse

Fridays
    Shoulders
    seated presses 3 sets
    front lateral raises 3 sets
    side laterals 3 sets
    reverse laterals/bent over laterals 3 sets
    Triceps
    close grip pressdowns 3 sets
    scullcrushers 3 sets
    one arms over head extension 3 sets
    15 minute cardio

Saturdays
    Cardio 30-40 minutes at 65%
    abs

I think you got too many sets happening there homie. Maybe drop em down to 2-3 sets. Other than that, I think you're doing ok. The only thing that concerns me is that you say you're not eating as much and you technically only really have one rest day. That hurts the workout for sure. I think you're just going through a funk right now. You know what you're doing, you just aren't motivated right now. Give it time bro.

Comment

I think this is a great routine. But if you really do want input, here's my suggestions.

For Legs I would replace the seated curls with stiff leg deads. I have never grown my hams as much as when I do them. Also, try the leg sled for calf raises: it's all I use, and gives me the best results.

For Back I would do this instead:
      pulldowns (or even better, pullups) 4 sets as a warmup/width exercise
      bent-over barbell rows 4 sets for supreme mass
      t-bar rows 3 sets for refining the thickness
      v-bar pulldown 3 sets for rounding out the lower lats
      barbell front shrugs 4 sets for total trap development
      forearms 3/3 sets

For Triceps I would only suggest to include close-grip bench presses or dips maybe in place of the pressdowns, but this might not be absolutely necessary. Nothing beats them for mass.

Other than the aforementioned (which looks like a lot more than it is) I think it's a great routine.

Comment

I would also consider hitting calves twice a week.

Comment

I would definitely add a cable fly exercise to the chest--IMO it is much more effective than pressing movements. I also agree with metalmarty--the pullups (and for that matter, any exercise that allows you to use your bodyweight) are a better alternative.
          Solid routine, though! If you're eating and resting properly and keep things mixed up, you should grow great.

Comment

Originally posted by beefcake
            I think you got too many sets happening there homie. Maybe drop em down to 2-3 sets. Other than that, I think you're doing ok. The only thing that concerns me is that you say you're not eating as much and you technically only really have one rest day. That hurts the workout for sure. I think you're just going through a funk right now. You know what you're doing, you just aren't motivated right now. Give it time bro.
            the foods the biggest issue right now. Im gonan do 2-3 sets better since im not eating much but hitting them harder.

Originally posted by metalmarty
            I think this is a great routine. But if you really do want input, here's my suggestions.

For Legs I would replace the seated curls with stiff leg deads. I have never grown my hams as much as when I do them. Also, try the leg sled for calf raises: it's all I use, and gives me the best results.

For Back I would do this instead:
            pulldowns (or even better, pullups) 4 sets as a warmup/width exercise
            bent-over barbell rows 4 sets for supreme mass
            t-bar rows 3 sets for refining the thickness
            v-bar pulldown 3 sets for rounding out the lower lats
            barbell front shrugs 4 sets for total trap development
            forearms 3/3 sets

For Triceps I would only suggest to include close-grip bench presses or dips maybe in place of the pressdowns, but this might not be absolutely necessary. Nothing beats them for mass.

Other than the aforementioned (which looks like a lot more than it is) I think it's a great routine.
            for legs (hamstrings) i was doing stifflegged deadlift for 2 months straight. I was growing awesome off of them. But i got tired of them, so i gave them a rest and added seated leg curls instead. But im gonna go back to them in about 2 weeks when my routine changes.

Originally posted by metalmarty
            I would also consider hitting calves twice a week.
            i forgot to add, im hitting them twice a week right now. On Tuesdays and Satudays.

Originally posted by BBAddict
            I would definitely add a cable fly exercise to the chest--IMO it is much more effective than pressing movements. I also agree with metalmarty--the pullups (and for that matter, any exercise that allows you to use your bodyweight) are a better alternative.
            Solid routine, though! If you're eating and resting properly and keep things mixed up, you should grow great.
            this week, all did for chest was: flat 4 sets, incline 4 sets, and cable crossovers 4 sets.

As for the pullups, i wouldnt do them. I would only do about 5 and thats it. Ive been having some nasty pain in my right shoulder. Everytime i do pulldowns or evern try to do pullups, it hurts. Its sorta like when i do arm circles to warm up the shoulder or even side laterals, i feel like a grind in there and its painful.

Comment

Working...
            X