What is everyone doing for lats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is everyone doing for lats

I see everyone with huge fucking lats and im so jealous....thats the thing i think my body seriously lacks....im normally doing pull downs the lat machine bent over rows or barbell rows but dont look like other peoples is there one excersise you people believe really gets your lats big in mass?

Originally posted by rado
    Like no other; Weighted pull ups..Good night...
    Agreed. I always I mean always,start my back day with pull ups.

Comment

I would say at least 80% of the guys I see in the gym do too much weight when doing rows and use shitty form. Once you start doing rows with a full ROM and controlling the weight you'll see alot better gains.

Comment

/\/\ Indeed, when youre doing lat pull downs make sure you dont lean back too far or else your basically just doing a row. I super-set lat pulldowns with pulls ups, or if thats too hard do assisted pull ups. Thisll definately make your lats grow.

Comment

Don't forget the deads. Wide lats are cool, but if they have no thickness, then they look like shit.

Comment

Originally posted by parabody
            I see everyone with huge fucking lats and im so jealous....thats the thing i think my body seriously lacks....im normally doing pull downs the lat machine bent over rows or barbell rows but dont look like other peoples is there one excersise you people believe really gets your lats big in mass?
            jim!...dead lifts....rows....pull ups....dead lifts....rows.... pull ups..(i also like that lat machine we have nice to change everyone once and a while...and your lats are gettin bigger anyway what u bitchin about :D ) :staypuff:
            Last edited by Rob5454; 02-23-06, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Lat pull Downs W-I-D-E grip. Wide chins add wieght also. Cable crossovers with full ROM. T-Bar wide and Bent over rows Wide. This will make the lats spread out. Go lighter if you have to. Hold for a second or 2 also.

Comment

yea my pull ups suck i cant do too many so im focusing on the other stuff

Comment

My gym has 2 different machines to do assisted pullups. Yours should too or you ought to be able to figure out something else. As far as I have found lifting and reading, there is no REAL substitute.

Comment

I built the entire foundation for my back with chins when I was younger. I always use them as the staple of my back training.
                    My current routine is as follows:
                    - wide grip chins - 4 sets
                    - wide grip pulldowns - 3 sets
                    - bent over barbell rows or one arm dumbell rows - 5 sets
                    - medium grip cable rows or t-bar rows - 3 sets
                    - v-bar pulldowns or chins - 3 sets
                    - deadlifts - 3 sets
                    May or may not be to your liking, but it works for me.

Comment

Working...
                    X