4-day split

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4-day split

I'm having a little trouble coming up with a 4-day split. Here's what I have so far.

Sunday - rest
    Monday - Hams, shoulders
    Tuesday - Back
    Wednesday - rest
    Thursday - Chest, tris
    Friday - Quads, bis
    Saturday - rest

My problem is that I would like to incorporate cleans, but I don't know where to throw them in. I wanted to throw them in with back, but the day after deads would be hell. I want to keep hams and quads seperate too. Any suggestions? Should I go with a different split? Anyone have any other 4-day splits that have worked for you? I'm looking for ideas. Thanks.

Originally posted by babyblues
    I'm having a little trouble coming up with a 4-day split. Here's what I have so far.

Sunday - rest
    Monday - Hams, shoulders
    Tuesday - Back

If you are doing SLDL's on Moday (which IMO you should be) I wouldn't do back the very next day.

Wednesday - rest
    Thursday - Chest, tris

I am a firm believer in separating muscles groups so that they are not worked on the same day.

Friday - Quads, bis
    Saturday - rest

My problem is that I would like to incorporate cleans, but I don't know where to throw them in. I wanted to throw them in with back, but the day after deads would be hell. I want to keep hams and quads seperate too. Any suggestions? Should I go with a different split? Anyone have any other 4-day splits that have worked for you? I'm looking for ideas. Thanks.
    Here is a 4 days split that I like to use from time to time. I'm sure it's not perfect but I wrote down all of the muslces groups worked (either main groups or as a by product) and I made sure to give at least a day of rest in between them. See if this is something that you can do.

Monday - Chest and Hamstrings

Tuesday - Rest

Wednesday - Back, Rear Delts and Triceps

Thursday - Rest

Friday - Quads and Biceps

Saturday - Shoulders, Calves

Sunday - Rest

I like to alternate which muscle group I work first so I can give it 100% at least every 2 weeks. As you can see, there is not too much overlap in the muscles used. The only thing that I may have to adjust (at least for me) is that come Friday when it's time for squats my lower back is pretty tight due to Monday SLDL's and Wednesday's DL's. I haven't put too much thought into this yet but I'm sure it will come to me.

Also, as for abs and forearms etc - I just throw those in when I feel the need (usually 2-3 times a week). As for cleans, you could either try those on Wednesday (though they may affect your leg days) or you can try them after squats (I don't know that I could pull this off after a good day of squats though)....

You can also throw in a day of light weight/high reps in somewhere for whatever lagging bodyparts you want to bring up but just pick a day where it doesn't interfere with something else.

Comment

Another thing, there are killer 2-3 day splits and even 5-6 day splits out there. Just make sure to change things up often. The first few weeks after my show I will probably try an EXTREMELY LOW VOLUME split for a few weeks to stimulate new growth etc - your body is "homeostatic" so you have to change things often...

Comment

Working...
      X