No announcement yet.

Bench Press vs. Incline Bench Press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arnold used to change the angle of the bench every set starting at 15 then 25 then 35 then 50. I think I am going to try that.

Comment

I would say 45 or less. IMO any more and you use too much delts. I cange it up simaler to above except I do 15 for a couple of weeks then 25 etc..

Comment

Not to crap on the original question here (because I've actually been wondering the same) but how much bench is too much bench on one day. I've been doing reps of 8, 8, 6 on flat, incline, close grip, and decline. Should I worry about over training?

Comment

I do 4 sets on almost everything, not including warm ups.

Comment

Originally posted by Knoxy
            but how much bench is too much bench on one day. I've been doing reps of 8, 8, 6 on flat, incline, close grip, and decline. Should I worry about over training?
            Close grip, as long as I'm not confused about what you're describing, is more of a tricep exercise, so you're really doing more like 9 sets for chest, which should be OK.

Comment

So when would you be overtraining?

Comment

ill try 2 find where i read it but susposedly there really isnt an upper and lower pec u can isolate separately...and it also said that 15degrees (incliner OR decline) is the most optimal angle 4 chest muscle recruitment and taking the shoulders out of play

Comment

Working...
                X