No announcement yet.

Damned Arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I built my arms from powerlifting doing bench press like a mad man. Just stick to big compounds movements no matter what you are doing. No need for shaping exercises at your point. You know what they say, "If you want big arms, squat."

Comment

Originally posted by Megiddo
      Before the flaming begins, I have tried just about every type of arm training: Low volume heavy weight, high volume light weight, super sets, trisets, etc. Still I cannot sem to get these suckers to grow. I have worked them twice a week, once a week, sometimes none at all and I have yet to get any real growth. I think in the past 6 months they have maybe increased in size by about 1/4 inch if that while my other groups have grown no less than an inch or so.

Anyone have any clues as to what I can do to help boost my arm size? I mean I am curling 135 for 8-10 reps but the suckers are 15.5 inches total.

To me, this indicates that you are going heavy too much.

Give some details on your high volume arm workouts.

Comment

the diet also plays a large role too.

Originally posted by al the chemist
        yes that too, form plays a huge role, use lighter weight with very strict form

this has worked better for me. I concentrate more on the muscle than the weight i pound.

Comment

Back to the original poster, please post your training program as well as your caloric intake.

Comment

Originally posted by Megiddo
            Before the flaming begins, I have tried just about every type of arm training: Low volume heavy weight, high volume light weight, super sets, trisets, etc. Still I cannot sem to get these suckers to grow. I have worked them twice a week, once a week, sometimes none at all and I have yet to get any real growth. I think in the past 6 months they have maybe increased in size by about 1/4 inch if that while my other groups have grown no less than an inch or so.

Anyone have any clues as to what I can do to help boost my arm size? I mean I am curling 135 for 8-10 reps but the suckers are 15.5 inches total.
            How much do you weigh and how tall are you? If you're 5' 6" 140 lbs then 15.5 inch arms aren't that bad. If you're 6'4" 280 you've got a problem. Chances are you just need to get bigger, lagging bodyparts usually catch up over time.

Comment

Working...
            X