No announcement yet.

Faster 1 mile and 40 yard run?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well naturally the faster someone gets, the less time you're going to be shaving off. In Game of Shadows, Conte and Tim Montgomery's trainers tried to shave hundredths of a second off Montgomery's time, getting it down to 9.78. With Shibby's friend (or whatever) we're trying to give her a speed goal that will make her lose weight while trying to obtain...and a speed goal that if she's able to run, it'll be because she's not as "adipose" as she is now. I doubt she'll be the next leg of USA's 4x100 team

And about the 4.4s...the difference between a high school kid running a 4.4 and Edgerrin James running a 4.4 is that, while they both have great straight-line speed, Edge brings a whoooooole lot more stuff to the table to complement his 4.4 speed that makes him an all-around great running back. I don't know his stats, but he probably benches 225 about 20-30 times, squats 650, probably jumps 38 inches in the air, probably weights 230 lbs and delivers a nasty hit, probably runs low, never fumbles, has a great time in the shuttle, has hands like flypaper, etc...

what makes a great, world-class athlete (in football, here) is not just a 4.4, but a combination of 95th percentile athletic attributes across the board. As for the rest of us, we may habe achieved it in one measure, or two, but not (almost) all areas, like world class athletes

Comment

Originally posted by SloppyJo
      again... read the first post... he's talking about shaving time off your 40
      IMO no speed is speed = done. easier to follow?
      yea I wasn't a great sprinter, didn't really matter, soccer isn't about sprinting... but I could run 2 miles in under 12mins, and 3 miles in under 20, so it worked out
      BS depends on position. also thats my point u can improve endurance, sppeed To an extent

edit: you think I care about being fast??? I quit playing soccer a long time ago... I'm sure you being fast is really helping you out in life right now too
      wtf is that fu? ok dusche bag your taking it personal. real mature

Comment

Does anyone have any expierence with something like this... The track here is 4 laps equals a mile. Take there one lap time and mutiply it by 4 to get a target goal? I was thinking I would still have them run four laps and just say depending on how hard they run, the coach and I will decide how much time they need to shave off. I think this would also give them a faster first lap time than just telling them to run four laps and it will be timed.

Comment

^^^

Going to be testing the mile tomorrow, wanted to see if anyone has any last thoughts on it.

Comment

Working...
          X