Can somone give me an awesome chest routine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can somone give me an awesome chest routine

The reason why I ask this is because I noticed my chest isnt looking large when I got a shitrt on anymore and my sister noticed that as well. I feel like if its not growing anymore at all.
    This is my chest rountine guys:

Mondays:

Flat: 5 sets of 6-10 reps (160, 200, 230, 250,270)

Incline: 4 sets of 6-10 reps (160, 180, 200, 220)

Decline: 3 sets of 6-10 reps (160, 200, 220)

Yeah I got a big chest but it isnt the way I wanted it to be. I need some more definition and a litle more size on it. What do u guys recommend, adding sets, exersices, or something.

honestly juice there is not much difference between incline, decline and flat bench. one of the major functions of the pectoral muscles is to bring the arms into the body. dumbell bench would somewhat achieve that, but the best for contraction would be a good flye machine or cable crossovers. your second problem is too many sets. how did you determine that five sets of flat benching was opitmal. why not 4 or 6 sets? why 4 sets of incline? why not 3 or 5? why 3 sets of decline? why not 2 or 4? my point is that each set in your workout should have a point.

so my suggestion would be one or two quality sets of flat or incline bench (I am assuming you like that movement). one or two sets of crossovers or flyes. and at the end do a set of dips (weighted if possible). more is not better. quality over quantity. not to mention your shoulders and triceps are most likely overtrained as well.

Comment

You need variation in there juice.... and where the hell are your chest dips... they are the NUMBER 1 most effective chest building excercise... body in motion excercises work amazing wonders.

Also no isolations at all??? and all standard presses? Your asking for uneven development.

Do a search for "chest in time" you will enjoy that workout!

Comment

I usually start off with Incline barbell presses
        4 sets (2 sets warmup, 2 sets heavy)
        Warmup sets 10-15 reps
        Heavy sets 6-8 reps

Incline Dumbbell or Flat Dumbbell
        4 sets 6-10 reps

Seated Machine Dips (Heavy or Light, depending how much time I have)
        Heavy 4 sets 6-10 reps
        Light 4 sets 10-15 reps

Machine flys
        Light
        4 sets 12-18 reps

Comment

try

4sets of pec deck

3 sets on incline

2 sets of flyes/crossover.

Drive to failure on last set only. Next to last set should be tough, but not failure

Comment

incline dumbells will help a little for mass. cables/flys help for definition

Comment

Originally posted by audiowaves252
              incline dumbells will help a little for mass. cables/flys help for definition
              exercises do not give "mass" and "definition". exercises give general mass. there are different exercises because people have different structures. I can't barbell bench. so I must depend on machines and crossovers.

Comment

Working...
              X