No announcement yet.

What do you do to get that extra rep?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

motivational techniques are different for everyone.

for example, what stonecold and alwaysgrowing said just wouldn't work for me. thinking about someone else that is working out or visualizing the set wouldn't get me pumped up at all.

what works for me is is thinking about my progress and how i will continue to get bigger etc. people making comments about how i have gotten bigger etc.. that is the kind of thing that drives me.

Comment

A lot of good mental motivation tips here. I am by no means a beast on bench but one thing I do that helps me pump out one more rep than I would usually do is really tighten my grip on the bar. I don't know if its a mental thing, a tension thing, or what, but when I feel like I am spent I will really grip the hell out of the bar and I can sometimes get 1 or 2 more good reps in.

Comment

You've just got to dig deep bro - find what motivates YOU - of course you probably need to figure out "why" you're working out in the first place in order to do that - just know that only you can find whatever that motivation is - once you do though you should give it 100% or not at all...

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post

what works for me is is thinking about my progress and how i will continue to get bigger etc. people making comments about how i have gotten bigger etc.. that is the kind of thing that drives me.
          well yeah for small guys like you that is cool :P

Comment

if u want a decent press make sure the drivers are all fresh..in the bench those are the front delts and the rear delts and last but not least the triceps..oh yea the pecs but not as much as u might think at least thats whats my dog said.

Comment

Working...
            X