Sly's Rambo Split

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sly's Rambo Split

Holy hell. So basically it is a double split. He worked out twice a day, 6 days a week. Here's the basic split from bodybuilding.com, although they didnt go into specific lifts.

Monday/Wednesday/Friday:

Morning

Chest
    Back
    Abs
    Cardio

Afternoon

Shoulders
    Arms
    Abs
    Cardio

Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday:

Morning

Calves
    Thighs
    Cardio

Afternoon

Rear Delts
    Traps
    Abs
    Cardio

What is he on to be able to do this? Any point in a natural lifter trying anything like this? (No I don't have superman genes, but I seem to recover fairly quickly)

if thats what he really does it seems strange, monday morning he is training chest and then in the afternoon he trains shoulders and then the next day he does rear delts wtf.

Comment

I'm a little sceptical of someone as experienced as sly doing that workout, I'm not sure thats true.

If it is then I believe the absence of detals on excercises and weights is key; he could be doing light weights if this is part of a periodization system. Specifically he could have spent a period doing heavy and less frequent and then say 8-12 weeks prior to shooting the film he switches to a high intensity light weight type training.

Your body will adapt and since your not really digging deep into the muscle breakdown its more about getting the blood there, that way you are still able to do chest and shoulkders (pressing movements) in a close time frame.

Comment

looks kind of like and old school Hollywood get in shape fast workout. he probably did something like that for Rocky.

Comment

Yeah I thought it was a little sketchy too. But the article said this was specifically his Rambo workout. I can't imagine how your average person could maintain any type of size doing it though.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Grinder View Post
            Yeah I thought it was a little sketchy too. But the article said this was specifically his Rambo workout. I can't imagine how your average person could maintain any type of size doing it though.
            we are not talking about the average person....we are talking about rambo:D

Comment

Originally posted by The_Grinder View Post
              i think its more of a all in one cardio/weights type routine to help get him in shape fast. and i think we all know he is on HRT and GH etc..

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                and i think we all know he is on HRT and GH etc..
                Yeah thats what I was wondering. As a natural lifter who doesn't come close to sly sizewise even when im bulking. I dont think this workout will do shit for me except make me skinny. ha.

Comment

You guys are thinking in terms of lifting until failure, heavy sets etc. His workouts were comprised of smaller set, higher yield intensity workouts... very similar to crossfit.

In the last rocky movie he used crossfit exclusively. In this movie, he did a little bit more bodybuilding training incorporated in with it to increase his mass slightly.

Comment

Interesting split...u need to rem that he gets paid to this type of work, so its obvious that he's eating well over 3,000 cals a day and prolly gettin 12hrs a sleep a nite, PLUS the gear that he is using

In my experience, whenever i have my month break inbetween semesters, i get biggest the most and fast. All i do is eat every 3 hours heavy on protein, get a good workout in, and take about 2 naps a day.

Comment

In an interview, he admits to usng HGH. then he goes on to state that any male over 40 shouyld be on testosterone. He says to trust him, in ten years hgh will be over the counter supp. I'll try to find the article

Comment

NEW YORK - Sylvester Stallone says he used human growth hormone to get buff for the new "Rambo" movie, and defends its use.

ADVERTISEMENT

"HGH (human growth hormone) is nothing," the 61-year-old actor tells Time magazine in its Feb. 4 issue. "Anyone who calls it a steroid is grossly misinformed."

Because it is nearly indetectable, HGH has become a substance of great concern in major league baseball and other sports battling allegations of rampant doping.

"Testosterone to me is so important for a sense of well-being when you get older," he says. "Everyone over 40 years old would be wise to investigate it because it increases the quality of your life. Mark my words. In 10 years it will be over the counter."

Stallone directed and co-wrote the new "Rambo" sequel, which arrived in theaters Wednesday.

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysgrowing View Post
                          NEW YORK - Sylvester Stallone says he used human growth hormone to get buff for the new "Rambo" movie, and defends its use.

"HGH (human growth hormone) is nothing," the 61-year-old actor tells Time magazine in its Feb. 4 issue. "Anyone who calls it a steroid is grossly misinformed."

Because it is nearly indetectable, HGH has become a substance of great concern in major league baseball and other sports battling allegations of rampant doping.

"Testosterone to me is so important for a sense of well-being when you get older," he says. "Everyone over 40 years old would be wise to investigate it because it increases the quality of your life. Mark my words. In 10 years it will be over the counter."

Stallone directed and co-wrote the new "Rambo" sequel, which arrived in theaters Wednesday.
                          It is refreshing to see someone honest like him. He is poorly mistaken if he thinks test will be available over the counter in 10 years though.

Comment

Working...
                          X