Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Putting the final touches on my split....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting the final touches on my split....

I'm trying to put together a 4 day a week split for the last few weeks of my bulking and hopefully ill keep it while im cutting. Trying to put something together very basic. Back in the day when I was working 4 days a week, I'd put chest/tris together and back/bis, etc. But I feel like I am so tired when I get done with one muscle group I can't hit the other one as hard. So I'm doing chest/bis, back/tris, etc. So I have two different examples of a possible split and I need some advice on which one should be better. Very similar only one change between the two.

Mon-Chest/Bi
    Tues-Legs
    Wed-Off
    Thurs-Back/Tri
    Fri-Shoulders
    Sat&Sun-Off

or I could move tris to shoulder day and it would look like

Mon-Chest/Bi
    Tues-Legs
    Wed-Off
    Thurs-Back
    Fri-Shoulders/Tris
    Sat&Sun-Off

Very similar. Would it even make a difference? On one hand I don't want to do tris with shoulders because my tris might already be semi-fried from the shoulder work. On the other hand I don't know if it would be bad to do shoulders the day after a tri workout. I do military press every shoulder workout.

yea, i like your first option better.

i personally would rather work out more days a week and work 1 muscle group per day.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
      yea, i like your first option better.

i personally would rather work out more days a week and work 1 muscle group per day.
      Well I was considering that, and I might do that while I'm bulking. But for cutting I wanted to take Control's advice and do protein/carb days on workout days and protein/fat days on non workout day. I figure this strategy would be more effective with 3 no carb days a week.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Grinder View Post
        Well I was considering that, and I might do that while I'm bulking. But for cutting I wanted to take Control's advice and do protein/carb days on workout days and protein/fat days on non workout day. I figure this strategy would be more effective with 3 no carb days a week.
        yea, give it a try.

Comment

Do shoulders and tris together. Tris are one of my favorite body parts and I feel like, if you hit them hard, you wouldn't want work them again the next day.

Comment

if I worked out my shoulders all by themselves it would be like a ten minute workout. I can't imagine doing more than that for a muscle group that gets secondary movement from all upper body exercises pretty much. I would put it with Chest. and take the extra day rest. and if you are having a hard time working out synergistic muscle groups then most likely you are training too much. or you can change the order of exercises to get the most out of it. its not written in stone you have to do all your chest first and tricep last.
            Last edited by Stonecold54; 02-07-08, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Just curious - do you think that it matters that you get in 4 days a week if you stick to every other day?
              If you lifted every other day, you could have a full day's rest between every workout so you would not run into fatigue from partially working a body part one day and then hitting it hard the next day - as you were worried about above. Problem is you'd only get in three days one week and four days the next week. But you would still be lifting every other day, seems the same to me..... And you would not be able to take sat and sun off every week - maybe that is an issue for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Solstice106 View Post
                Just curious - do you think that it matters that you get in 4 days a week if you stick to every other day?
                If you lifted every other day, you could have a full day's rest between every workout so you would not run into fatigue from partially working a body part one day and then hitting it hard the next day - as you were worried about above. Problem is you'd only get in three days one week and four days the next week. But you would still be lifting every other day, seems the same to me..... And you would not be able to take sat and sun off every week - maybe that is an issue for you.
                This happens to be the schedule that works out the best for me.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                  I'm the same way...this is the split I've been using for the better part of ten years:

Monday: Chest
                  Tuesday: Legs
                  Wednesday: Back (including traps)
                  Thursday: Tris
                  Friday: Shoulders
                  Saturday: rest
                  Sunday: Bis

For someone who does pressing movements on shoulder day, I'd get off the week schedule and go on an 8-day split, adding a rest day between tris and shoulders. It's not an issue for me, as everything I do now is isolation on shoulders.

Comment

Working...
                  X