Best straps I've ever used

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dna9488 View Post
    ya it is the hammer strength machine.......

well 270lb shrugs r good enough for me. I might just go ahead and add on a 25lb plate on each side than :P
    use a basic barbell or DB's and see how you like it.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
      use a basic barbell or DB's and see how you like it.

I have used DB's right after the Hammer Strength machine. I supersetted that and ya i felt my forearms get real tight and i had trouble holding 70lb DB's.

Thats one major reason i do abs on shoulders day. keep doing 20reps of sit-ups inbetween sets. This helps get the blood away from the forearms and keeps my lifting without my forearms giving out.

another good reason i do that is to keep my heart rate up and burn more cals.

Comment

bump for bouncer

I did shrugs wit DB's (105lb db) and ya my forearms did get kinda of tight. Now next week when i do it again it won't get all tight.

Comment

Just used straps for the first time ever today. Wow what a difference. I felt my back muscles burning like I have never felt before while deadlifting. Last week without straps I tried for a 355 DL and didn't quite make it once. Today my last set was 365 for 3!!! I thought I could do 380 but I didnt want to kill myself. I really think they will help my back development because now not only can I do more weight, but I dont have to use an alternated grip which is nice.

As for the forearm problem I just dedicated the last 10 minutes of todays pull day to my forearms and hit them as hard as ever. Good stuff!

Comment

I shrug with 4 plates a side on my heavy set on barbell, I need straps for that or else I just can't focus on my traps like I need to

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
              for the most part i agree but you will never adjust to 200lb dumbells. lol. my traps are easily strong enough to do 10-12 reps for 3 sets of shrugs. but i simply cant hold on to them for 10-12 reps my grip fails and they drop to the floor like bombs. lol

I call bullshit. I've never seen 200 lb dumbbells in my life. What the hell kinda gym do you workout at? The heaviest we have is 160, those a fun to re-rack. :hmm:

Comment

Originally posted by NewbieChris View Post
                I call bullshit. I've never seen 200 lb dumbbells in my life. What the hell kinda gym do you workout at? The heaviest we have is 160, those a fun to re-rack. :hmm:
                If you have never seen 200lb dumbbells you have never been to a gym that help create the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Shibby View Post
                  If you have never seen 200lb dumbbells you have never been to a gym that help create the sport.
                  Wait, you mean Gold's Gym isn't heaven to body builders? :P

I'm sure they exist, thats just an incredibly large number of lbs to hold in one hand. He's such a show off.

Comment

Wait, you mean Gold's Gym isn't heaven to body builders? :P
                    Can you travel back to the 60's? :D

Comment

I call bullshit.
                      :rofl:

i call gay.

Comment

those are nice straps...i should buy them. i use them on heavy sets although i prefer chalk. unfortutely i use the cheap ass ones (cuz there free) my wrists have scars from them, looks like ive been wearing handcuffs all day lol. Also one time both broke at the top of the deadlift and the weight hit the floor shook the whole god dam gym. i had 300 ppl looking at me LOL.

Comment

Thats funny right there. Neither gym I go to has them but why dont you google ronnie coleman and 200lb dumbells.

Bouncer, do you use them for anything other than shrugs?

Comment

Working...
                          X