No announcement yet.

Injured my pec/shoulder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well I trained chest last night and I'm really pleased with the recovery, I could feel the strangeness and a little pain in the chest/shoulder jont. I worked to 225lbs, starting on flat and did three sets at that weight, 3 sets incline at that weight also I felt really in control and got through it with no problems. Only training three nights this week and getting plenty of rest but it was a good controled comback so I'm happy. Anyone else feels something, my advice is stop right away, get anti inflamatories down, get it seen to and come back slow and controled and light. I won't be trying to press 405lb for a few months now, need to let my chest get used to flat benching again.

Comment

I just saw this and seems like you are healing pretty good my guess is you didn't have a tear to beging with since you haven't done chest in ages it was just a slight strain. Even the smalest tear usually causes bruising it may be small but you'll still see some black and blue plus if it was a tear again the smalest tear will effect your range of motion you won't have a full ange of motion and finally if it was a tear you won't be able to do any kinda deep tissue massage because pain will be unberabal(sp) oh and one last thing this goes for anyone thinks they tore any kind of muscle please don't get any deep tissue massage, if you think you have tear and you let someone put their thumb through that tear it'll only make it worst not any better.

Anywho I am glad to hear that you are feeling better.:)

Comment

i tell ya, i did flat bench barbell the other day and it bothered my left shoulder. fuck that, i am going back to my trusty DB's.

Comment

Originally posted by wnabeabeast View Post
          I just saw this and seems like you are healing pretty good my guess is you didn't have a tear to beging with since you haven't done chest in ages it was just a slight strain. Even the smalest tear usually causes bruising it may be small but you'll still see some black and blue plus if it was a tear again the smalest tear will effect your range of motion you won't have a full ange of motion and finally if it was a tear you won't be able to do any kinda deep tissue massage because pain will be unberabal(sp) oh and one last thing this goes for anyone thinks they tore any kind of muscle please don't get any deep tissue massage, if you think you have tear and you let someone put their thumb through that tear it'll only make it worst not any better.

Anywho I am glad to hear that you are feeling better.:)
          thanks bro good advice, ya I didn't think it was a proper tear, it just felt a crackle on the lift and they days after it felt pent up and stressed so the massage definitely relieved tension before anything else happened and got the blood where it needed to be

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
            i tell ya, i did flat bench barbell the other day and it bothered my left shoulder. fuck that, i am going back to my trusty DB's.
            I'm going to do dumbells next time I train and just not go balls out on the flat when I go back till I get used to it, it definately feels unnatural after not doing it for so long. The workout I dod the other day although light really brought more depth to my lower chest though since incorporating flat

Comment

Working...
            X