X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jay Cutler does them wide grip no higher than sternum and not heavy

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
      fog, any way in particular you suggest doing upright rows? every time i do them i feel like i am hitting my traps FAR more then the shoulder muscles itself. going to heavy possibly? i can easy lift the weight, just seems as if my traps are doing the work.
      Narrow grip focuses on the traps - the wider the grip the more the focus shifts to the laterals (just don't go much wider than the width of your waist/shoulders) and definitely no higher than your sternum...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
        Jay Cutler does them wide grip no higher than sternum and not heavy
        Bingo....

Comment

cool, thanks

Comment

Also to add foghat's...to accomplish what he said just pull the weight with your elbows don't worry about your hands let your hands and forearms hang loosely and just pull the weight with the elbows you'll definitely feel the lateral delts guaranteed. :D

Comment

IMO heavy upright rows are one of the worse things you can do to your shoulder

Comment

Originally posted by NYCmitch25 View Post
                Yeah I don't do more than quarters on each side of the ez curl bar. I do 20 reps x 4 sets and talk about burn.:D

Comment

Been doing wide upright rows for several years. they work and take pressure off wrists where i have an old injury, I also use rope in upright rows or any strap.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCmitch25 View Post
                    done them since 19yrs old, now 32, the other week my shoulder finaly told me enough, from now on Cutler style and shrugs for traps

Comment

Working...
                    X