Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lots of good info here. thanks guys.

Comment

I did some more research and I think it has to do with my AC Joint.

This morning I got up and looked in the mirror at my shoulders. I noticed when I hold my arms straight out to the side my right shoulder (the one in pain) has a bigger hump than my left...kinda looks as if my shoulder muscles are bigger in my right should (with shirt on). So I took my shirt off to get a better look and noticed a small bump in the top of my should. I did research to see what all was in the area of the bump and its where the clavicle and the shoulder blade meet...otherwise known as AC Joint. Now what caused it to have a small bump I'm not sure.

Here is a site I found explaining it better. I have the small bump, but there was no swelling and my skin didnt turn red. And I never had extreme pain...so I dont think its a Grade 3. Possibly a Grade 2. Anyway That was my diagnosis. :)

Acromioclavicular Joint Separation - Orthogate - Improving orthopedic care, education and research with Internet technologies

Comment

Originally posted by stud_wit_style View Post

This morning I got up and looked in the mirror at my shoulders. I noticed when I hold my arms straight out to the side my right shoulder (the one in pain) has a bigger hump than my left...kinda looks as if my shoulder muscles are bigger in my right should (with shirt on). So I took my shirt off to get a better look and noticed a small bump in the top of my should. I did research to see what all was in the area of the bump and its where the clavicle and the shoulder blade meet...otherwise known as AC Joint. Now what caused it to have a small bump I'm not sure.

Here is a site I found explaining it better. I have the small bump, but there was no swelling and my skin didnt turn red. And I never had extreme pain...so I dont think its a Grade 3. Possibly a Grade 2. Anyway That was my diagnosis. :)

Acromioclavicular Joint Separation - Orthogate - Improving orthopedic care, education and research with Internet technologies
        is the "bump" you are feeling at the top of the shoulder bone? that is normal. i think the bump they are talking about is soft tissue.

Comment

scroll down to the middle of this page. you will see 2 pics. the first is a kid that has the 2 "bumps". this is normal for many people. it is not ac separation. the pic directly under that IS AC separation. Medsker Racing College

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
            scroll down to the middle of this page. you will see 2 pics. the first is a kid that has the 2 "bumps". this is normal for many people. it is not ac separation. the pic directly under that IS AC separation. Medsker Racing College

That is very interesting. My bump does feel more like bone then soft tissue. When I push on it there really isnt any pain. I will note that my left should doesnt have the bump. Damn...back to the drawing board...LOL. Thanks for pointing that out.

Comment

That is very interesting. My bump does feel more like bone then soft tissue. When I push on it there really isnt any pain. I will note that my left should doesnt have the bump. Damn...back to the drawing board...LOL. Thanks for pointing that out.
              you cant self diagnose something like that. going to need an xray and also and MRI.

Comment

you cant self diagnose something like that. going to need an xray and also and MRI.
                I know...I'm an engineer so I have a "problem solving" mind...lol. I'm going to the doc regardless what i find out.

I did notice when I push on the front of my shoulder...on a particular tendon(assuming)...that is actually where the pain is located. If my arm is down to my side I can find the sore spot but if i hold my arm straight out to the side i cant find the sore spot, It seems like its underneath some muscles when my arm is out to the side sticking straight out. I'm assuming its some tendons attached to the head of the humerus.

Comment

I know...I'm an engineer so I have a "problem solving" mind...lol. I'm going to the doc regardless what i find out.

I did notice when I push on the front of my shoulder...on a particular tendon(assuming)...that is actually where the pain is located. If my arm is down to my side I can find the sore spot but if i hold my arm straight out to the side i cant find the sore spot, It seems like its underneath some muscles when my arm is out to the side sticking straight out. I'm assuming its some tendons attached to the head of the humerus.
                  or it could be a nerve in your toe that connects to your fingernail and then to your shoulder. lol.

not trying to be an ass but guessing and looking every single thing up on the internet and self diagnosing is not a good thing. trust me, i have been there. it just builds anxiety and stress.

Comment

or it could be a nerve in your toe that connects to your fingernail and then to your shoulder. lol.

not trying to be an ass but guessing and looking every single thing up on the internet and self diagnosing is not a good thing. trust me, i have been there. it just builds anxiety and stress.

its all good. I actually enjoy doing research on things i dont know much about. Then when i ask the expert and he/she says the same thing that i concluded it feels pretty good. If i was wrong...i still learned new stuff.

With my shoulder...im not really building anxiety or anything. And today I was able to take a drink from a full gallon of water without any issues. So its probably not as bad as i originally thought. I'm still gonna get it checked out though.

Comment

very unlikely. unless you fell and you left that part out. probably with your arm extended. if it were your AC joint you would know it 4 sure. you would be holding your arm with your other hand in a sling position. i already responded to your original thread several months ago so "its getting better" is probably not the case. it will heal on its own but whatever underlining problem could return. go see a doc
                      Last edited by NYCmitch25; 11-15-08, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCmitch25 View Post
                        very unlikely. unless you fell and you left that part out. probably with your arm extended. if it were your AC joint you would know it 4 sure. you would be holding your arm with your other hand in a sling position. i already responded to your original thread several months ago so "its getting better" is probably not the case. it will heal on its own but whatever underlining problem could return. go see a doc

What thread are you talking about that I posted several months ago??? Yeah I will go see a doc, regardless what I think the issue is, after insurance kicks in on December 1st.

Comment

Working...
                        X