running hills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stonecold54 View Post
    wow you have used the beta-alalnine and it didn't help. .I love that stuff....It brings my training to a new level on it.
    Yep I didnt notice anything. I got Beta Alanine due to the fact that when training calfs the muscle in my shins would get lactic acid build up and make me stop before my calfs got the proper workout. It never changed a thing.
    That was the only time lactic acid ever bothered me untill this new thing with the hills.

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKETW19 View Post
      Holy shit what the hell did you just say?:wacko:
      Just messing bro, You sound very smart on this subject. Thanks.
      Sorry dude. It just pretty much means that more aerobic activity will help you buffer your lactic acid production more. You've probably been doing a lot of anaerobic activity like squats and leg presses and shit so the muscles are used to more rest time to recover atp. It's ironic cause we had to learn about all this in class last week. For some reason the government wants me to know this and is paying a lot of money for it.

Comment

Originally posted by beefcake View Post
        Sorry dude. It just pretty much means that more aerobic activity will help you buffer your lactic acid production more. You've probably been doing a lot of anaerobic activity like squats and leg presses and shit so the muscles are used to more rest time to recover atp. It's ironic cause we had to learn about all this in class last week. For some reason the government wants me to know this and is paying a lot of money for it.
        You are correct just squats and presses. I did alot of running but not like this. I figured I would get used to it but damn what a shock.

OT: what are you doing in the goverment that you need to know this stuff? Sorry if I am being nosey.

Comment

Originally posted by beefcake
          Spec ops medic. They are pretty much putting us through the beginning portion of med school.
          Nice.
          Do you go on the missions also as a operator?
          Can you send me a auto sear for a M-16?lol. just kidding on that one. kinda......

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKETW19 View Post
            Yep I didnt notice anything. I got Beta Alanine due to the fact that when training calfs the muscle in my shins would get lactic acid build up and make me stop before my calfs got the proper workout. It never changed a thing.
            That was the only time lactic acid ever bothered me untill this new thing with the hills.
            that sucks for you...lol....when I was training for a running test and just in general in the gym doing legs I was kicking my own ass cuz I was training so hard and way past my normal threshold....and I never got that nauseated feeling after a hard leg workout from LA

Comment

Working...
            X