Jiu Jitsu/Muay Thai/Weight Lifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jiu Jitsu/Muay Thai/Weight Lifting

Well I am very happy to say that i have found another gym where i get back into jiu jitsu and muay thai. It has been a while since i have been on a mat and rolled around or thrown some kicks but everyone that i have met there are all good guys plus there are some familiar faces from my old gym.

iv set up a schedule to try and get everything organized.

Monday- Training

Tuesday- Gym- Back

Wednesday-Training

Thursday-Gym-Chest

Friday-Gym-Legs

Saturday-Training

Sunday-Gym-Arms

Every training session last 2 hours and its nonstop movement so I think that covers my cardio.

My gym split before i started training was 2 on 1 off and i would do cardio my off days.

so i think the way i set it up is pretty good, but any advice would be appreciated.

all comments welcome

when you hitting delts?

Comment

i work my delts mostly on arm days. i only do maybe 3 basic movement exercises and try not to strain myself too much because i have a history of bad shoulder problems due to wrestling. and also of course i work my front delts on chest days as well

Comment

I could never train my legs the day before training, I can't walk properly for 2 or 3 days after a leg day. I trained 4 days per week (mon-thurs) and had to train legs on Friday just to be able to kick again monday.

Comment

good point. but monday, wed and sat are the only days i can train so maybe ill switch around what i work out what day.

Maybe...

Monday- Training

Tuesday- Gym- Arms

Wednesday-Training

Thursday-Gym-Legs

Friday-Gym-Chest

Saturday-Training

Sunday-Gym-Back

But either way i im gonna work out a muscle group that with out a doubt im going to use whether rolling around or doin some stand up.

i'll see how it goes.

Comment

looks pretty good then.

Comment

which one?

i value your opinion :P

Comment

I think its bad. Trust me you will end up injured. IF the training is as demanding as what ive seen. Take at least 1 day off at the end or middle of the week.
                I would do a Lower, Upper, Lower, Upper body. Lower is training and legs obviously. Everyting else is upper. 8-10 rep range, keep the total volume down and revisit it in a month see how you feel. try 5 x 5's. I assume your goal is strenth?

Routine 1:
                Monday- Training
                Tuesday- Gym- Back / Bi's / Tri's
                Wednesday-Training

Thursday-DAY-OFF

Friday-Gym-Chest / Shoulders
                Saturday-Training
                Sunday-Gym-Legs / Calves

Or
                Routine 2:
                Monday- Training
                Wednesday-Training
                Thursday-Legs / Calves
                Saturday-Training
                Sunday-Gym-DAY-OFF

Or PUSH/PULL
                Routine 2:
                Monday- Training
                Tuesday- Gym- Chest / Back (deads, rows)
                Wednesday-Training
                Thursday-Gym-Legs / Shoulders
                Friday-Gym-Back (heavy chins, seated rows-high bar pulls)/ Bi's
                Saturday-Training
                Sunday-Gym-DAY-OFF

is it possible to not train back to back days at the gym on Thurs / Friday?
                Swap Saturday with Friday?
                Last edited by NYCmitch25; 12-18-08, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCmitch25 View Post
                  I think its bad. Trust me you will end up injured. IF the training is as demanding as what ive seen. Take at least 1 day off at the end or middle of the week.
                  I would do a Lower, Upper, Lower, Upper body. Lower is training and legs obviously. Everyting else is upper. 8-10 rep range, keep the total volume down and revisit it in a month see how you feel. try 5 x 5's. I assume your goal is strenth?

Routine 1:
                  Monday- Training
                  Wednesday-Training

Thursday-DAY-OFF

Saturday-Training
                  Sunday-Gym-Legs / Calves

Or
                  Routine 2:
                  Monday- Training
                  Wednesday-Training
                  Thursday-Legs / Calves
                  Saturday-Training
                  Sunday-Gym-DAY-OFF

Or PUSH/PULL
                  Routine 2:
                  Monday- Training
                  Tuesday- Gym- Chest / Back (deads, rows)
                  Wednesday-Training
                  Thursday-Legs / Shoulders
                  Friday-Gym-Back (heavy chins, seated rows-high bar pulls)/ Bi's
                  Saturday-Training
                  Sunday-Gym-DAY-OFF
                  wow. those all look really good. thanks for the routines nyc. i think ill give each a two week test trial and see how i respond to them. what do you think?

and yea. im not so much looking to gain weight right now as much as i wanna gain strength and muscle memory when it comes to my training.

thanks again man:)
                  Last edited by COLOSSUS; 12-18-08, 09:17 PM.

Comment

is it possible to not train back to back days at the gym on Thurs / Friday?
                    Swap Saturday with Friday?
                    The gym i train at isnt open to me on fridays. only chance i have to go are on mondays wed and sat and im not complaining cause as of this moment its free.

Comment

I was in the same boat last year, trying to ballance the both. When I was just taking classes it wasnt to bad but soon as I stepped up to real training I could no longer do both 100% My workouts suffered big time especially legs. We would run 4 times a week and alot of the times we would run up hills or carrying big rocks or each other up the hills. I soon only hit legs half assed or not at all. My upper body didnt get beat down as bad but still cut back on the weight and wasnt as intence in lifting anymore.

I lots tons of size and some strength (im not that strong anyways) It really messed with my head a few months ago but you will have to choose one or the other sooner or latter.
                      I will say I am in 100% better shape now cardio wise But dont look nearly as good in size.

Comment

Working...
                      X