Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How's this for an idea after laying off for eight weeks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gluesniffer View Post

I am not going to train more than two times a week since I do not have the time to do it.
    ahh, i read your original post wrong.

if you are only going to be able to get to the gym twice per week then yea, you are going to have to do a full body workout. really not optimal but if its all you can get it then fine..

Comment

Originally posted by rado
      Pretty shallow? Look here...Not to be an ass, but here I go...You come here asking for routines, you can only train twice a week, you want strength, you don't like what some of us are saying...I've got a suggestion for you.

Go fuck yourself:) Stop your complaining, get to the gym more than twice a week, you want strength; train heavy. Yes train heavy like powerlifters do. If you don't know wtf I mean, look it up on google. For fucks sake...When your vehicle needs gas, do you go to one of those gas stations that fill it up for you? :slap:
      I didn't happen to hit a nerve?

Do you really think it's useful to tell someone to "train heavy" when they are asking specific questions about a routine. I can be told to "train heavy" on the teen forum at bb.com if I really want advice like that.
      btw, some people here tell me my routine is too heavy. Is that heavy enough for you?

Comment

If you are training twice week only do splits. Chest and back one day and shoulders and arms next and don't worry about the legs you can join the millions of gym dudes with skinny legs.

Comment

Originally posted by wnabeabeast View Post
          If you are training twice week only do splits. Chest and back one day and shoulders and arms next and don't worry about the legs you can join the millions of gym dudes with skinny legs.
          Nah that's not my plan, I've been training legs for years. I have just decided to train only two times a week from now on, which is my decision and doesn't deserve preaching, I suggest you get over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gluesniffer View Post
            Nah that's not my plan, I've been training legs for years. I have just decided to train only two times a week from now on, which is my decision and doesn't deserve preaching, I suggest you get over it.
            There is nothing to get over bro, you obviously don't know me if you did you would already know that I don't give fuck the begin with. But since you are asking the question...Anywho here is a split that I like and it covers the whole body and it happens to be one of my favorite splits.

You can do Chest back and hamstrings one day and Shoulders arms and quads another day.

Comment

I don't see why you still could not split the body up...Chest shoulders bis abs...legs back tris abs...or something of the like. I concur with others who say you aren't going to get through the routine you have posted with the weight (which one would assume is heavy) and reps you have listed at full intensity. Doing that twice a week to gain strength does not seem optimal IMO.

I'm not saying that you should drop the compound movements BTW, simply that repeating the same ones when you only have two days a week doesn't seem like a good idea.

E.G.

Bench Press 4x6
              Bis 4x6
              BB Shoulder Press 4x6
              abs (crunches, etc)

Squat 4x6
              tris 4x6
              Barbell Row 4x6
              Abs (focusing on a different area than you did the previous workout ie upper abs vs. obliques or lower abs vs upper, etc)

This would seem to fit the criteria you want...if I understand correctly. Maybe even pull it our to a month, changing it each week slightly because Ripptoe has far more variation than what you listed. I hope this is some time of help.

Comment

Nice avatar?

Comment

Originally posted by wnabeabeast View Post
                  I don't know what your goal is but unless you are a power lifter or in prison this is a terrible program. Do you really think you can get in shape by doing 5 exercises over and over?
                  I lol'd at prison workouts

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
                    Nice avatar?
                    any group that fabio is in is a keeper in my book

Comment

Originally posted by NewbieChris View Post
                      I don't see why you still could not split the body up...Chest shoulders bis abs...legs back tris abs...or something of the like. I concur with others who say you aren't going to get through the routine you have posted with the weight (which one would assume is heavy) and reps you have listed at full intensity. Doing that twice a week to gain strength does not seem optimal IMO.

I'm not saying that you should drop the compound movements BTW, simply that repeating the same ones when you only have two days a week doesn't seem like a good idea.

E.G.

Bench Press 4x6
                      Bis 4x6
                      BB Shoulder Press 4x6
                      abs (crunches, etc)

Squat 4x6
                      tris 4x6
                      Barbell Row 4x6
                      Abs (focusing on a different area than you did the previous workout ie upper abs vs. obliques or lower abs vs upper, etc)

This would seem to fit the criteria you want...if I understand correctly. Maybe even pull it our to a month, changing it each week slightly because Ripptoe has far more variation than what you listed. I hope this is some time of help.
                      Thank you, that's really helpful, I'll try that.

Comment

Originally posted by NewbieChris View Post

Bench Press 4x6
                        Bis 4x6
                        BB Shoulder Press 4x6
                        abs (crunches, etc)

Squat 4x6
                        tris 4x6
                        Barbell Row 4x6
                        Another few questions though.

Shoulder press, is that the same as military press?

Someone on BB.com told me to do pullups as well as rows for hitting both upper and lower back. Not necessary afterall?

The alternative ab exercise, should this be something like leg raises?

And is one arm pully push down a decent exercise for tris?

Comment

Nobody?

Fabio needs advice...

Comment

Google both military and shoulder press, they are similar both being complex shoulder movements that you stated you wanted.

If you can do pull ups great, do them as a warmup on back days. If you have to uses a lay pull down asst'd pull up include it in you workout.

Abs: anything that focuses on your differeent ab sections. Google search an exer uses and you should be able to focus on different sectors by learning where they work. Leg raises work lower abs.

Comment

Allrighty then, I'll make it look like this:

Bench Press 4x6
                              Hammer curls 4x6
                              Military Press 4x6
                              crunches 4x12

Leg Press 4x6
                              Good mornings 4x8
                              Close grip bench press 4x6
                              Barbell Row 4x6
                              Leg raises 4x15

Don't shoot me for not doing squats, it's just that I noticed they made my knee hurt today so I'm not gonna do them for a few weeks, then see what happens.

It does look very short, doesn't it? Shouldn't I be doing multiple exercises per muscle group? Otherwise I'm going to be finished in half an hour.
                              Last edited by Gluesniffer; 02-26-09, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X