quick abs question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick abs question

i know that a midsection is only visible with good diet and cardio but my question is what makes your abs "pop" out or separate...is it more diet or is it more training by doing crunches with a weighted ball or what?i was just curious,thanks for any responses

Originally posted by 3rdCoast View Post
    i know that a midsection is only visible with good diet and cardio but my question is what makes your abs "pop" out or separate...is it more diet or is it more training by doing crunches with a weighted ball or what?i was just curious,thanks for any responses
    genetics plays a part...your current bodyfat levels and the type of training all have a part in it. I don't like the look a lot of "in shape" people have with their abs if they are just flat with no seperation. I myself treat the abs like any other muscle group and keep my sets under 20 reps, if I get above that I will grab a weight to bring my reps/TUT back down. I work them out maybe 2 times a week at the end of my workout. so I would rather have more muscle on my abs and that way I don't have to have a real low level of bodyfat for them to be visible.

Comment

Diet and genetics are the two things that seem to make abs appear the best. End of story.

Comment

Originally posted by NewbieChris View Post
        Diet and genetics are the two things that seem to make abs appear the best. End of story.
        yeah pretty much any facet of bodybuilding comes down to that "end of story" :P

Comment

Originally posted by Stonecold54 View Post
          yeah pretty much any facet of bodybuilding comes down to that "end of story" :P
          I don't know if I believe that diet is the end of story for everything. Genetics, definitely. Getting big could be attempted by a more lax diet and proper training.

Comment

Originally posted by NewbieChris View Post
            I don't know if I believe that diet is the end of story for everything. Genetics, definitely. Getting big could be attempted by a more lax diet and proper training.
            key word is "attempted" I assumed we were talking about quality results, in that end- diet and genetics play a big role and third is avoiding over-training.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonecold54 View Post
              key word is "attempted" I assumed we were talking about quality results, in that end- diet and genetics play a big role and third is avoiding over-training.
              Ah. I was confused by what you meant.

Comment

Working...
              X