Ab cramps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ab cramps

I get ab cramps after doing ab work. Never get them doing other things, just ab work.

I have search google and see many people asking but no good reply's. People say, "hydration" or, "eat bananas" or not enough sodium blah blah. I am getting all of that. I get enough of every vitamin and mineral, i am hydrated, and i get enough sodium.

anyone else get ab cramps? they are fucken scary, feel like your stomach is gonna rip.

only thing i can think of is that maybe my abs are to tight?

whats a good stretch that dosent place stress on the abs? for example, if i do kneeling cable crunches my abs will lock up like a mother fucker.

Comment

Originally posted by rado
      Hernia?
      dont think so. its the actual ab muscle that cramp up after doing ab work. besides you would be able to see to feel a hernia no?

Comment

Yes and no(on feeling it)...Gas???
        no gas, no bump or pain in abs. just a regular muscle cramp in abs after ab work.

Comment

Stop crying; you're fine...Maybe it's your period...I mean shit...We all get cramps in certain areas; you fucking hypochondriac:)
          not crying, just wondering why i get cramps. could my abs be too tight?

Comment

Don't know bro...I think you're worrying way too much kid...Stretch them out; I mean really stretch them out...
            think i will get myself one of those big workout balls to stretch on. lay back on it to get a good ab stretch.

you right though, i do dwell on shit and worry myself.

Comment

I know you do....I do the same;)

Fuck spending the money on the ball and then have some shit laying around the house that you'll probably use once a month; wait and get to the gym tomorrow and stretch...Stop making shit so complicated...Why don't you come over and pack my shit? Talk about complicated business...lol
              i cant really think of a better ab stretch then one of those balls though.

Comment

itd jud cos you don't normally do them, it will ease

Comment

When I use that weighted ab machine I get that....feels like a pop

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
                    itd jud cos you don't normally do them, it will ease
                    i do them 3 times per week and pretty much always have the same issue..

Comment

Originally posted by curtus e flush View Post
                      When I use that weighted ab machine I get that....feels like a pop
                      you talking about a pop that wont ease until you stand up real quick. you can kind of feel the muscle locked up?

Comment

Like one of the ab muscles is so tight its kinda scary to stand back up straight

Comment

Originally posted by curtus e flush View Post
                          Like one of the ab muscles is so tight its kinda scary to stand back up straight
                          for me i have to stand up or else the cramp will feel like its going to rip my gut open. lol

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                            for me i have to stand up or else the cramp will feel like its going to rip my gut open. lol
                            :rofl: Its normal ...just a weird feeling

Comment

I know you think you get enough Vits and Minerals, but most likely not... esp potassium and magnesium.

During very long MMA sessions, I almost always have to supplement these 2 via coconut water.

Give it a go before your next ab workout and let me know.

You could also give foam rolling a try, it is brutal on the abs, but great at relaxing cramps.... I like to use a mini basketball for the abs.

Comment

Working...
                              X