Ab cramps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nekrawulf View Post
    I know you think you get enough Vits and Minerals, but most likely not... esp potassium and magnesium.

During very long MMA sessions, I almost always have to supplement these 2 via coconut water.

Give it a go before your next ab workout and let me know.

You could also give foam rolling a try, it is brutal on the abs, but great at relaxing cramps.... I like to use a mini basketball for the abs.
    any particular ratio of potassium and magnesium? are certain forms better then other forms? like drinks, multi, etc..?

foam rolling on abs? could you give more detail on what exactly that is? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
      i do them 3 times per week and pretty much always have the same issue..
      you train them too often and they're not recoveing:retard:

Comment

any particular ratio of potassium and magnesium? are certain forms better then other forms? like drinks, multi, etc..?

foam rolling on abs? could you give more detail on what exactly that is? thanks

There is no magic ratio, its all dependant on variable such as water intake/output, ATP metabolites etc.

Natural sources are always better, and more readily absorbed.... coconut water is your best bang for the buck in preventing cramps.

Foam rolling is basically using a semi hard object to apply pressure on the muscles and "rolling" or massaging the cramps/tightness out. For abs I like to get a slightly deflated mini basketball and lay on top of it with the ball between my abs and the ground. I then apply pressure with my abs by pushing into the ball and moving my body around to roll the ball underneath me.

It hurts like hell, but muy effective.

Comment

Originally posted by Nekrawulf View Post
          There is no magic ratio, its all dependant on variable such as water intake/output, ATP metabolites etc.

Natural sources are always better, and more readily absorbed.... coconut water is your best bang for the buck in preventing cramps.

Foam rolling is basically using a semi hard object to apply pressure on the muscles and "rolling" or massaging the cramps/tightness out. For abs I like to get a slightly deflated mini basketball and lay on top of it with the ball between my abs and the ground. I then apply pressure with my abs by pushing into the ball and moving my body around to roll the ball underneath me.

It hurts like hell, but muy effective.
          thanks nekra. i guess i would just buy some coconut water at the store? come in a can or what?

Comment

Look in the health food section of your local supermarket. it usually comes in a pint carton with a peel off spout.

"O.N.E. " Is my favorite brand, but they mostly all taste the same... like ass.

Comment

Probably pre-menstrual. You fucking bitch!

Comment

Originally posted by blm View Post
                Probably pre-menstrual. You fucking bitch!
                your thinking of the wrong kind of cramps. i am talking about the outer ab muscle locking up so bad it feels like you are going to die. very scary. not talking about a stomach ache or gas..

Comment

imagine your entire left side cramping up..... the calf, hammy, abs, bicep, and foot.

That happened to me last week. Was like a massive charlie horse..... Had to have another fighter stretch it out.

I hurt just thinking about it.

Comment

your thinking of the wrong kind of cramps. i am talking about the outer ab muscle locking up so bad it feels like you are going to die. very scary. not talking about a stomach ache or gas..
                    I was just messing around....:retard:

Comment

hey bouncer, did the coconut water fix this? I have been getting this and I know what you mean by "feels like your stomach is going to rip open". When it happens to me, I have to stretch so hard that I cramp other muscles.

Would like to get rid of it. I have some open water swims coming up and I think this kind of cramp in the water = drown.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyingWolf
                        hey bouncer, did the coconut water fix this? I have been getting this and I know what you mean by "feels like your stomach is going to rip open". When it happens to me, I have to stretch so hard that I cramp other muscles.

Would like to get rid of it. I have some open water swims coming up and I think this kind of cramp in the water = drown.
                        They just sort of went away, not sure what I changed bro. Still have to watch when I am doing abs though, if I go to long on ab work they will cramp.

Comment

i've been gettiung this on and off for a few years exactly like you described. it used to be a lot worse but now i don't really feel it unless i do abs for a while. it seems worse when doing sit ups for me, so i avoid those as much as possible

Comment

A cramped muscle is a weak or dehydrated muscle. In bouncers case I am sure he is hydrated so that leads to the weak muscle. Weak from working them untill they are nothing. I would bet you just went to hard on thoes lil things at first now you built up strength or you do less ab work.

Comment

Thanks guys. Will load up on H2O, potassium, magnesium and taurine before open water swim.

Comment

Never had them before but now I do every single time I do abs.

Only thing I've changed is adding in Jack3d.

Abs cramp up like crazy.

Comment

Working...
                                X