X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• failure

this past monday i did legs - well i do them monday and thursdays

i finished off my quads with squats -

i already did heavy extensions , heavy hacks and heavy press - soooo when i got going on squats working up in sets my last set i came to complete and total failure -

i mean total failure !!!! i came out of the hole fine but part way up my legs just shut off . now on a squat rack they are set up so you can roll the bar your back ! welllll this rack sat to low to the ground so when i went to roll the bar off with 400 lbs on it it ended up driving me then pinning me under the bolts toward the bottom of the squat rack -

the bar now had my head and neck shoved forward completely cutting off my air - i am pinned and cant move - i ended up forcing myself forward the pain in my tie in area of my upper quads was unreal i thought i ended up tearing both sides [ but didnt ] i just layed there face first on the floor for a minute in alot of pain .

once i was able to breath i got help up and looked over stuff - nothing tore so we went onto hams -

if you guys saw how low to the ground i was pinned you wouldnt believe it - i am a big guy - it was like shoving a 10 lb bag of shit into a 1 lb bag lol --

my wife thinks i am nuts as it is but she said i confirmed it when once i caught my breath i smiled and said that was awesome total fucking failure !!! she walked away shaking her head lol

damn, good thing no damage was done

Comment

Lol did your tp's think you were sissy sqting 400lbs, where the fuck were they?

Comment

First, thats awesome that you are okay. That something I never want to experience, but I'm confused. Are you saying the side guard (or whatever they are called) were too low and you were pinned to the ground, then you shimmied out? That is really impressive.

Comment

I cannot imagine your offseason training if you have a comp coming up, holy shit bro - glad you are safe man.

Comment

Originally posted by NewbieChris View Post
            First, thats awesome that you are okay. That something I never want to experience, but I'm confused. Are you saying the side guard (or whatever they are called) were too low and you were pinned to the ground, then you shimmied out? That is really impressive.
            chris , i got pinned under the bar . i could not get the bar off of me because of it being wedge under the last set of pins on the squat rack - my body couldnt go any lower . so i was forced into an acordian look lol

Comment

Originally posted by bigscott View Post
              chris , i got pinned under the bar . i could not get the bar off of me because of it being wedge under the last set of pins on the squat rack - my body couldnt go any lower . so i was forced into an acordian look lol
              Thats what I thought you said. Damn, thats impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by NewbieChris View Post
                Thats what I thought you said. Damn, thats impressive.
                Yeah it must take a lot of practice to get yourelf wedged in like that, very david@blanesk, why do you say its impressive you numpty lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
                  Yeah it must take a lot of practice to get yourelf wedged in like that, very david@blanesk, why do you say its impressive you numpty lol
                  I probably would have panic and been like, "I'm going to die."

Comment

wow

Comment

Good thing you are ok, that woiuld have sucked to be this close to your comp and have that take you out.

You don't train in a public gym? No one there to help you?

Comment

Working...
                      X