No announcement yet.

We need a powerlifting forum!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no it actually makes perfect sense. by keeping the resistance on the muscle longer, more of it needs to help to get the weight up as more of it fatigues. so if i can push 250lbs on bench the way i described, would i get better results (size is good, but mostly interested in strength) if i used less weight and did it as you described?

Comment

Originally posted by MDAM21
      no it actually makes perfect sense. by keeping the resistance on the muscle longer, more of it needs to help to get the weight up as more of it fatigues. so if i can push 250lbs on bench the way i described, would i get better results (size is good, but mostly interested in strength) if i used less weight and did it as you described?
      I will put it this way, I always use a 4/1/4/1 cadence. Four second positive, 1 second pause, 4 second negative, 1 second pause. For obvious reasons some movement will have a faster cadence for the mere fact that the ROM is short (like wrist curls or calf raises).

Comment

ok cool, thanx SC

Comment

So whats happening with the forum?

Comment

Should replace the xxx with powerlifting

Comment

i will post it for bouncer to see. let you guys know.

Comment

hey, lets not be so hasty about replacing the XXX now.....

Comment

Originally posted by MDAM21
                  hey, lets not be so hasty about replacing the XXX now.....
                  What would happen to alien8r then if they did? Personally I think it's a waste of space since I don't use it. But I guess 90% of the board does. Plus it helps to bring in new blood.

Comment

Originally posted by beefcake
                    What would happen to alien8r then if they did? Personally I think it's a waste of space since I don't use it. But I guess 90% of the board does. Plus it helps to bring in new blood.
                    actually it is closed but not deleted so nothing new goes into it.

Comment

Originally posted by stonecold54
                      actually it is closed but not deleted so nothing new goes into it.
                      Isn't this the second time that's happened though?

Comment

Originally posted by beefcake
                        Isn't this the second time that's happened though?
                        first time bouncer deleted everything in it. this time just locked it so no new posts went up.

Comment

Re: We need a powerlifting forum!

Originally posted by john123
                          I don't see a PL forum on this board. I prefer strength training and PL over BB. It could also be a good way of bringing new members to the board!

What does everyone else think!

Hey, did you get the pic out of Monster Muscle? Scot Mendelson is nuts. The Sept. 2003 magazine says he went from 269 to 300 lbs in less than 12 months by consuming an extra 7500 calories ON TOP of what he was already eating. wtf

Comment

Re: Re: We need a powerlifting forum!

Originally posted by Wolfhound
                            Hey, did you get the pic out of Monster Muscle? Scot Mendelson is nuts. The Sept. 2003 magazine says he went from 269 to 300 lbs in less than 12 months by consuming an extra 7500 calories ON TOP of what he was already eating. wtf
                            Yeah but thats a full time job for him

Comment

Working...
                            X